Seriously...

Gregorama

Whos to say? I am to say. I work in the medical field' date=' although I may act like a complete dumbass I am actually college educated and work with obese people amongst others. Some obese people may say they are happy but they are not. It is a coping mechanism. Being THAT overweight not only makes them the subject of ridicule but also SERIOUS medical problems and pain EVERYDAY of their lives (knees, ankles, etc.) Im sure someone is thinking "well if they didnt eat so much they wouldnt be fat" Very true, but still shouldnt be ridiculed ESPECIALY when it is a kid with Downs Syndrome that probably is not even allowed to choose what he eats and doesnt eat. I can laugh at fat people, hell I used to be one before I lost alot of weight, and alot of fat people are fat because they are lazy and overeat so to me if you choose to be fat and not change it than laugh at it. But once the subject is a mentally retarted boy, internet or not, that just shows me a bad person.[/quote']

Any claim of expertise is pointless. Unless you can show me their medical records, you DON'T know their current condition or situation. You don't know whether their wieght is from voluntary or involuntary actions, nor do you know whether she indeed does have some type of syndrome, namely Down in this conversation.

:lol: Whatever you say, too bad you dont have a clue what your saying but hey... whatever. :lol: Its impossible to be that overweight and not have the symptoms I listed, and as far as Downs Syndrome, part of the disease is a very distinct facial structure. I learned all this in college but I guess since some guy on the Internet says my professors were wrong... well you must be right. :roll::roll::lol::lol: By the way I never said his weight was deffinantly due to anything, I made a hypothesis, If you cant even read a simple sentance and comprehend it, well conversation over.

PS.. If you are going to question my expertise, you may want to get the gender of the person in the picture right. It is a "he" meaning male, not a "she" implying female. So if you cant comprehend what I type and cant see well enough to judge male from female you may want to just back outta this one bubba. :oops:

:lol: Whatever you say' date=' too bad you dont have a clue what your saying but hey... whatever. :lol: Its impossible to be that overweight and not have the symptoms I listed, and as far as Downs Syndrome, part of the disease is a very distinct facial structure. I learned all this in college but I guess since some guy on the Internet says my professors were wrong... well you must be right. :roll::roll::lol::lol: By the way I never said his weight was deffinantly due to anything, I made a hypothesis, If you cant even read a simple sentance and comprehend it, well conversation over.[/quote']

I don't have a clue what I'm talking about? I'm in AP bio at my high school. Granted it isn't a college course, but it still isn't a walk in the park. We actually had an entire course on Down Syndrome, and I have seen my share of pictures of the condition. If you're in any medical field, you quickly learn that nothing is outside the realm of possibility, so that arguement is null to me. Noone here has mentioned your professors but you, much less said they were wrong about anything. Please don't put words in my mouth or assume you know the meaning behind what I'm saying. I understand you made a hypothesis, but we we're discussing whether they indeed had a medical problem. You then responded to Stank_Ho's response of "Who's to say." with "I am to say." as if you have all the answers. Also, I am very capable of reading and comprehending simple sentences. Just know taking a few college cources doesn't give you full knowledge of your professors, nor the conditions of people you've never met. Though it may look like one thing, you really have no way of knowing for certain.

In your AP course did they teach you how to tell male from female? Because if you cant figure out the pic was of a male your in real trouble. Let me back up for a minute I am about to argue with a High School kid who is learning now what I learned 10 years ago and since then I have not only gone to college but also WORKED with the mentally handicapped including many downs syndrome patients for the past 4 years.... :lol::lol::lol: (If we had a emoticon that rolled on the floor while laughing and peeing I would use it here.) Kid you got alot to learn. I dont think you want to argue this subject with me, but if you wanna come on, I got a couple of minutes before I bed down. ( gotta get up early to take the wife to those dang Black Friday sales) A few college courses, ask your high school teacher how many classes are required for a BS in nursing. Hell Im qualified to teach your AP class. :lol::lol::lol:

Noone is saying you aren't qualified to do anything. Most of my reply was refuting things you assumed I was saying and your putting words in my mouth. The part that's referring to the point you say you want to "argue" over is just saying that it is simply a picture. You have no medical records. You can have all the knowledge in the world and make any hypothesis you want, but it is still only a picture. You have no way of interacting with or diagnosing the person. You're reading too far into what I'm saying. Take what I say as is, not as your interpretation of what I'm saying.

Edit:

In your AP course did they teach you how to tell male from female? Because if you cant figure out the pic was of a male your in real trouble.

The only difference between males and females with Down Syndrome that I recall is that males are a bit slower in developing language skills. But regardless of whether I can tell the difference, I don't see what that has to do with the point at hand, nor how I am in "real trouble" if I can't do so. Shall we try and stay on the subject?

So are you saying I cant spot genital warts from a picture? I cant spot and tell the diffrence between a stage 1,2,3 and 4 decub from a picture? Kid, you can tell alot from a picture and you dont need a medical history. Hell, I could tell you the diffrence between a bilaterlsalipingooopherectomy and a hysterectomy with a few good photos. Bottom line, people with Downs Syndrome have a VERY distinct facial structure. This is a easy indicator of the disease process. But for you to say I cant tell someone with Downs Syndrome from a picture is ignorant. This is a fact of the disease and while it is true that this kid may be one in a trillion that has the exact facial structure of a DS patient and doesnt have the disease, its not very likely. If you learned much in your class you would know at least 2 thing. One, the likelyhood of this kid having DS is about 99.9, so you making a post about needing medical history is just pointless and a waste of time. Two, a person with a BS Nursing is pretty qualified to make a statement such as this. True I could be lying about my education, but well then again we could be living in the matrix. Im fit, lit, and sure as hell aint taking no shit. I LOVE this movie. :lol::lol: Have a good night and ask your high school teacher if you can tell a person with DS from their facial structure. Seriously, if they say no, GET OUT OF THEIR CLASS. Seriously... :shock: Off to bed for me, lot of shopping to do tom. wish me luck. Kid you seem smart, hope it takes you far. Learn from everyone you can, I still do everyday. :D:D

You don't have to take college courses to know that people with Down Syndrome have distinct facial structures. I also know that things may be obvious, but behavioural aspects also play a big role in diagnosing such a syndrome. I understand that having that kind of facial structure is quite rare in people without it, you still have no way of being 100% conclusive. That's all I'm saying. Birth control is 99% effective, yet woman on it still yield many babies every year. I hope you see my point.

I appreciate your compliments and am in no way saying you don't have those credentials, nor that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm just trying to prove a very basic point. That's all.

You don't have to take college courses to know that people with Down Syndrome have distinct facial structures. I also know that things may be obvious, but behavioural aspects also play a big role in diagnosing such a syndrome. I understand that having that kind of facial structure is quite rare in people without it, you still have no way of being 100% conclusive. That's all I'm saying. Birth control is 99% effective, yet woman on it still yield many babies every year. I hope you see my point.

I appreciate your compliments and am in no way saying you don't have those credentials, nor that you don't know what you're talking about. I'm just trying to prove a very basic point. That's all.

:D There are exceptions to EVERY rule, even a medical history, behavior and medical testing can be wrong, I would never argue against that. But in this case I dont think there was enough evidence I was wrong to warrant your post (from the pic the odds are it is a DS patient and I should have put most likely instead of saying he had it, but then again that disclaimer would have to be used in almost all posts) but hey its a free country. And I am ALWAYS up for a good ol scally wag (debate, argument... whatever) So its been fun, and your point has not gone unnoticed, I got your point from the start. In the medical field there is ALWAYS resonable doubt and NOTHING is 100% so I guess I thought that was implied in all my posts and that was my mistake. No harm no foul. :D I have GOT to go to bed but this movie is so good. Maybe Ill just stay up untill the wife hollers at me.

I would have to disagree that absolutely nothing is 100% conclusive in the medical field, but, as you said, it's a free country. I just think that if we are so far along that we can study cellular respiration and diagnose things from chromosomes, some things can be 100% conclusive just by the nature of our progression.

I too enjoy a good debate. It's a good way to get that argueing "mood" out of you without all the emotion and drama. :x

Fine' date=' here ya go, but I thought the other one was very tame.[/quote']

:? Me 2 and now I miss her or she or whatever :cry:

8) Microwave

P.S. I have a friend that says I shouldn't take myself os seriously because no one else does.....hmmmm was that a compliment :?: