Video Card Question

Wesker

I would stay with the NVidia, it has proven much more compatible with other hardware/software; Plus, i have heard from several people that the BFG is unstable & crashes much more often than NVidia cards.

-JxL  ;) ;)

NO! no! IMO BFG is one of the best cards out there. I've been running one for about 1 1/2 years.. works awesome... it the BFG 6600GT 128MB... runs UT2005 perfectly at highest settings..

Yeah, BFG is the best manufactor and then XFX takes second.

Geforce6 series is the way to go if you get the chance, on tigerdirect there's a bunch of 6 series that are actually just on par in price with the 5 series. 6 makes major improvements compared to the 5.

But yeah, in this specific question, the 5 wins all the way. I know.

I used to have a GeforceFX 5200 PCI, quality was excellent, bump mapping, good lighting. So now I'm on a GeforceMX 4000 AGP and there's no bump mapping, the lighting is screwed up, etc. Although I will admit because it's AGP it's way f*cking faster.

Well, guys, I'm surprised no one mentioned this:

it's a 64 MB card deuling a 256 MB card...lol

the 256 Mb would be better, though I'm sure someone will flame me over it.

nope actually didn't even notice lol.. :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:  thanks for pointing that out GET the Geforce FX5500 256MB card.. it'll work good for ya.. or just get a Geforce 6800 GT.. ;)

I would stay with the NVidia, it has proven much more compatible with other hardware/software; Plus, i have heard from several people that the BFG is unstable & crashes much more often than NVidia cards.

-JxL  ;) ;)

no way were did you here that about BFG, they are the best video card manufacture ever, they are the only ones that have a lifetime warranty on all there cards, They take it back and give you a new one even if its your fault. They fully support overclocking, they even how to tell you how to do it even beyond there own overclocks that they have done to the card already.

I will always go with BFG graphics cards because they are simply the best.

Get the 256mb card you will see a major improvment, and when vista comes out next year your gonna need a 256mb card.

Get the 256mb card you will see a major improvment, and when vista comes out next year your gonna need a 256mb card.

Between 128 and 256 there isn't that much of a difference, and you certainly don't need a 256 MB card to run Vista. Just turn off all the effects and you'll do fine on less.

Between 128 and 256 there isn't that much of a difference, and you certainly don't need a 256 MB card to run Vista. Just turn off all the effects and you'll do fine on less.

dude, I got Vista beta 1, and I ran it great on a 32 MB ATI card, so..there's your proof...it depends on the computer.

ok so here is my opinon on that

I used to have an ATI All In Wonder 128MB vid card it ran games & what not good

but when I switched to the MSI Nividea 256 card I saw gameing in a whole new world

I can now play all my games at the max settings with no issuses at all  I am now seeing all the things that i missed out on befor

on the 128MB card I could only run my games at the minimum stteings & I was missing out  on all the vivual aspects of gameing

so in my opinon  you can't say that there isn't much difference between a 128MB &  a 256 MB vid card

I see so much more now.

1. my visual distance is a lot greater now ( I can snipe peeps from a lot further distance now )

2. I now see the concrete wall being blown apart that I am hideing behind

3. I see the water moveing

4. I see the clouds like it was real life now

5.  etc.,  etc . , etc .........

so from a gamers point of view a 256MB card has let me see a whole new world to my games

I have missed oiut on so much I will never go back my next card will be the Niveda 7800GT 512MB card