Kaspersky Antivirus Personal Pro 5.0...It makes my intenret stop working.

wingzero2309

I just got rid of Symantec Antivirus from my computer b/c i just wanted something different, and decided to get Kaspersky.  However, when I installed it and then restarted my computer, my internet wouldn't work at all.  Neither my LAN or Wireless allowed me to connect.  I even tried shutting down Kaspersky and still i couldn't get on the net, so I was forced to uninstall it.

Does anyone know why my Kaspersky is making my internet not work?  I remember i had the same problem on my old computer and i ended up abandoning Kaspersky then too.  This time, i dont want to have to do that, so please, somebody helpppp

go in the program and let it know what your gateway is then allow it to operate in the internet zone you might have to give it a special rule or something like that or go to trouble shooting and see what is there or maybe call a techie at Kaspersky

Go into the real time protection settings and disable "Network Security". Your connection will be restored.

If not, reboot.

I had the same problem once before. I use my own firewall anyway, so I didn't need it enabled as it's not meant to be used as a firewall solution.

There is a work around that corrects this if you really want it on. I don't recommend using it as or along with your main firewall.

Find the fix on the boards here: Kaspersky Labs Forum

Go into the real time protection settings and disable "Network Security". Your connection will be restored.

If not reboot.

I had the sane problem once before. I use my own firewall anyway, so I didn't need it enabled as it's not meant to be used as a firewall solution.

There is a work around that corrects this if you really want it on. I don't recommend using it as or along with your main firewall.

Find the fix on the boards here: Kaspersky Labs Forum

it worked!

awesome, thx organ_shifter, now i can enjoy this bliss known as Kaspersky :D