it rocks

I use DC++ mainly, since i run a hub..its..kinda manditory .. :lol:

but bittorent and kazaa lite k++ Ed. alot as well. But for music, theirs nothin

better then dc ++ :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a pretty interesting experience with DC++ last night. I'm on a 3/256 package. However, last night, I downloaded a 1.5GB file in less than 5 minutes. My down got up to 10MB/s! Yes, megaBYTES! I have no clue how this happened, but I have the screenshot to proove it.

fast.gif

:shock:

I had a pretty interesting experience with DC++ last night. I'm on a 3/256 package. However, last night, I downloaded a 1.5GB file in less than 5 minutes. My down got up to 10MB/s! Yes, megaBYTES! I have no clue how this happened, but I have the screenshot to proove it.

fast.gif

:lol::lol::lol:

did the file work?

Same thing has happend to me a couple of times, but all was fakeshare movies and did not work.

Edit: this show how accurate some speedmeters are, also a funny thing to add Comhem is a swedish cable modem ISP with a maximal upload speed of 1 Mbps hehe

VanBuren :)

here's my score using VanBuren's 20MB test

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2459 Kbps about 2.5 Mbps (tested with 20744 KB)

Download Speed is:: 300 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 44 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 3.41 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=YO9327JF2

now download stats via Testmy.net's US server

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 13591 Kbps about 13.6 Mbps (tested with 12160 KB)

Download Speed is:: 1659 KB/s

Bottom Line:: 243 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 0.62 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=9IE63M4GX

upload test

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is: 1630 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 1496 KB)

Upload Speed is: 199 KB/s

Bottom Line: 29 times faster than 56K you can upload 1MB in 5.15 second(s)

Validation Link :: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=K6YHUV3NQ

ahhhh... ASU 8)

:P I think it would have been much better to test from The University of Arizona....everyone knows its a much better facility in a much nicer city....of course thats just my opinion.....I could be wrong......but I really don't think so :321:

8) Microwave

Lets see if that will start something.......lol....go cats:)

Is there a special way you find fast torrents? Any torrent I download from never gets over 20KB/s' date=' but I mostly get 3-5KB/s. It's frustrating to say the least.[/quote']

You'll have to find torrents with a lot of seeds to get high speed. On legal files I've gone up to my cap, while popular movies got me up to 100.

For the rest (still common downloads) I consider 50 KB/s a good speed. Try downloading a popular Doom3 torrent, you might even reach your cap.

lol dc++ overreads speeds like mad. And the file is just an inflated nothing. Alot of people do that to increase their share size.

btw you should have known it was fake.. no such thing as .avi.mpg lol

I'm not talking about whether it was real or not. I'm just talking about downloading such a large file in such little time. Even if it is inflated, the file is still 1.5GB. However, that inflation thing could have something to do with it seeing as how I have no clue what it is or how it works.

I'm not talking about whether it was real or not. I'm just talking about downloading such a large file in such little time. Even if it is inflated' date=' the file is still 1.5GB. However, that inflation thing could have something to do with it seeing as how I have no clue what it is or how it works.[/quote']

The file that you downloaded "looked" like 1.5 gb. When infact, because of the inflation, may have been no more then 1.5 mb. Sure, even windows will read it as 1.5 gb file because it doesnt know to check it otherwise. The more inflation, the less the actual size, the less the download time. Its not even a real file... eh.. its hard to explain.. but thats just it.. lol

That im realy not too sure of either.. I know i used to have a client for DC++ that would allow me to say i was sharing an entire file list of music weighing in at about oh... 456 gb? Or whatever number i so felt lol.. and it would actualy display a list of music ( huge...friggin list ) but when you tried to downlaod one of the listed songs, it just says " file not avaliable" But to the bots that check the hubs, it passes their standards. As well as an option to just make your share size say anythign you want it to, from 0 bytes to 999 TB, but if you get caught you get banned from hubs :-x.

- So im guessing the file inflation is based on the same principles. :x

:( VanBuren is right ...people that do that kind of stuff are really idiots in my book and maybe flogging is better than banning........The way its done is with the code thats being applied....like always if your good at code you can do anything you want ............ to me whats really sad is anyone that is that good would be better served doing something helpful for people instead of scaming.....I wont say where but that particular program is available to anyone.....Its another reason why lots of people are against open source for everything especially the stuff that belongs to Bill Gates...........

8) Microwave

what is the point of showing off u got like a gigabit connection to your house

when u actualy are sufering like a bitch on a 56k?

no point on faking that stuff in here man

we love speed

and we love speed tests

but the real shit man

Haha, he isn't talking about us. He's talking about the people we're downloading the files from. The files are bloated to make a very small file seem large. Many DC++ (P2P network) hubs require you to share a certain amount of GB to get in them. As a result, some people make these fake files to get in.

Btw, if I had a gigabyte connection or anything close to these fake file downloads, I would be flaunting it all over the place. I wouldn't care what anyone said. :twisted: