Help?

bighawk211

Hey guys I'm not sure if anybody can help me with this but im gonna try anyway. OK here is the problem This morning I turned on my PC Windows XP booted up, I logged in and the first thing I see is the Fund new hardware Wizard and it's for my Video Controller. Now last night When I turned off my PC and went to sleep everything was fine and I didn't remove or change any drivers, so why am I seeing this by the way The display and my video card is the same I see no changes it's just that when I go to the control panel I see the video controller under other devices and it has a yellow question mark.. By the way if it's any help it's an Intel 915G chipset.

i have had video drivers magically uninstall themselves several times. Your Intel is known for this also. here's a few fixes to try:

1- the obvious; download latest video adapter drivers for the 915G Onboard. [version 6.14.10 or newer i believe....]

2- disable the second instance of the graphics controller:

The Intel graphics controller might appear twice under 'Display Adapters' in the Device Manager.

Disabling the second instance will solve several problems; unless you are actually using dual monitors of course.

hope this helps

-JxL  ;)