I'm just fed up with this...

thEnd

Everytime I try to download anything the transfer rate starts off at around 250 KB/sec but always winds it's way down to 38.4 KB/sec.... every time.... I have read every tutoral on here, have used Vanbures guide to set up my cablenut settings but nothing is working.  Oh and yeah I've got cable....

Somethings gotta give.

What is your advertised speed? When the DL starts off fast its because the PC is already downloading the file while you are choosing where to place it. So once you choose where to place the file it looks like it going fast due to the fact it has been downloading the file the whole time you where choosing a location and it takes all that data into account.

If that's the box with all the light flashing... it's an RCA....

A few more questions for y'all.

(1) Does that card you slide in the slot when you set up broadband have anything to do with general browsing and downloads... cuz if I remember they offered different prices and I got the el cheepo version

(2) Which is more important for web page loading and web browsing in general  the Processor {mine is only 1.60Hz} or the amount of RAM ...{Only got 128mbRAM}?

If that's the box with all the light flashing... it's an RCA....

A few more questions for y'all.

(1) Does that card you slide in the slot when you set up broadband have anything to do with general browsing and downloads... cuz if I remember they offered different prices and I got the el cheepo version

(2) Which is more important for web page loading and web browsing in general