56k!

xCueYx

It is possible to get speeds that high but that is only on your first hop.

I agree it is possible with compression software, dont think it matters if its first hop or not, the only cap is in your modem.

There was this guy once who said his compression software made his speeds go really fast. I know for a fact that AOL uses compression software. Maybe thats why you such a high test score? Even though CA3LE said its not possible to compress it even more, i think the software can lol.

I tested speed on my parents 56k connection against my testserver and i got the same score around 300 kbps. But i use images not textfiles like CA3LE, i also tested against testmy.net and that was accurate showed 45 kbps, but remember thats overseas.

56 k rock !!!!

VanBuren :)

lol on your site vanburen, over the thanksgiving break i went to my grandmas on her 56k. (using that very loosely) and on your large speed test it said i was downloading at 22 kb/s and my connection speed was like 2 mb/s . i was just like " :lol: "

lol on your site vanburen' date=' over the thanksgiving break i went to my grandmas on her 56k. (using that very loosely) and on your large speed test it said i was downloading at 22 kb/s and my connection speed was like 2 mb/s . i was just like " :lol: "[/quote']

Compression does that....

sorry but if I had to use dial-up if I didn't kill myself Im sure at least I'd freak.......

I know a lot of people say that. But when you've been using dial-up since 1998....then your pretty use to it. And to me, If i get 6 kbs downloading a song I'm psyched cause it'll take me 20 minutes to download instead of 35!

I remember the 56k days, when i moved to a place and got a 512/64 Kbps cable it was awsome, the speed was sooo fantastic. Downloadspeed of 40 KB/s on Napster was like wow !

Then i moved again to a place with fiberoptics, 10 Mbps up and down. it was like OMG !!!

Its very easy to get spoiled with speed, today i wouldnt even bother downloading movies in 40 KB/s. If the speed is below 400 KB/s i try somone else.

These are my dial up stats lol

.. Download Stats ..

Connection is 34 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 386 KB)

Download Speed is 4 KB/s

Tested From http//www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line 1 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 256 second(s)

Validation Link http//testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=US9L2YWUJ

Good thing its only temporary D

I remember the 56k days, when i moved to a place and got a 512/64 Kbps cable it was awsome, the speed was sooo fantastic. Downloadspeed of 40 KB/s on Napster was like wow !

Then i moved again to a place with fiberoptics, 10 Mbps up and down. it was like OMG !!!

Its very easy to get spoiled with speed, today i wouldnt even bother downloading movies in 40 KB/s. If the speed is below 400 KB/s i try somone else.

I would love to be back in 1998-99 and have my current 1.5/384 dsl. I would pwn anybody.