Cox Gives More Speed

REV0LUTI0NIZED

Good news for some Cox High Speed Internet customers with the Premier Package. :)

"Nov. 30, 2005--Cox Communications announced today that it has increased the speed of its fastest Cox High Speed Internet package at no additional charge for customers in Cleveland, OH, Kansas, Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OK, as well as Orange County and San Diego, CA. Cox High Speed Internet customers that subscribe to the Premier package in these markets can now enjoy speeds up to 9 Mbps downstream and up to 1 Mbps upstream, a download speed up to 80% faster than before the upgrade."

Cox Gives More Speed to Its Premier High Speed Internet Customers in Select Markets

REV0LUTI0NIZED  :cool:

Good news for some Cox High Speed Internet customers with the Premier Package. :)

"Nov. 30, 2005--Cox Communications announced today that it has increased the speed of its fastest Cox High Speed Internet package at no additional charge for customers in Cleveland, OH, Kansas, Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OK, as well as Orange County and San Diego, CA. Cox High Speed Internet customers that subscribe to the Premier package in these markets can now enjoy speeds up to 9 Mbps downstream and up to 1 Mbps upstream, a download speed up to 80% faster than before the upgrade."

Cox Gives More Speed to Its Premier High Speed Internet Customers in Select Markets

REV0LUTI0NIZED  :cool:

Thank god.  Just noticed tonight that I've been upgraded to the 9/1 package.  I'm in central Kansas and never thought it would happen without competition.  My downloads aren't the best yet but I'm getting a constant 1150kbps up though.  Guess I need to load a new setting file in cablenut.

like to see how long you could host on that before you get capped, lol prolly a 30 GB limit a month on upload. :haha: :haha:

Ran an FTP server for years now and have never hit a cap yet.  Not sure what they advertise as their cap but they don't seem to enforce it very often, if ever.  Which makes them great in my book, as long as they don't start forcing it now after the upgrade.  Kudos to Cox, it's about time they stopped neglecting the midwest.

hulioni, post some speed results?  :)

Forgot to login in first before taking the test but this is what I'm getting now with the 10/10 tweak in cablenut.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 11553 Kbps about 11.6 Mbps (tested with 12160 kB)

Download Speed is:: 1410 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Thu Dec 01 2005 13:27:07 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 206X faster than 56K 1MB download in 0.73 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 211.99 % faster than the average for host (Cox.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-0DOIFJVY7

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1138 Kbps about 1.1 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 139 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server1)

Test Time:: Thu Dec 01 2005 13:32:25 GMT-0600 (Central Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 20X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 7.37 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 115.94 % faster than the average for host (cox.net)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-72BLNUD9W

This is on my laptop through a wireless card (shouldn't make any difference from LAN).

• 4 weeks later...