BearShare Safe?

wyantm06

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't think anything is safe there can always be a messed up file somewhere out there thats going to mess with your computer, The best programs I think though are Bit Torrent for all your random crap and then SoulSeek for music.  Soul Seek is kinda for advanced users though because it can be a pain to set up and get working once you have it though its great.

Hollywood, have you had any luck with your bittorrents or are they still going slow? If they are you might want to run an antivirus or antispyware check because if you have installed bearshare then you are going to have some files on your computer that you don't want.

http://www.trendmicro.com/spyware-scan/

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

hey, I tried the azerues and bitlord and both are very slow and hard to find people to download from, but i like them for having complete albums and movies.  Yes, both are very slow for me and I have mcafee anti virus and there firewall program, i dont have any files that are ruining my computer only the when u save crap which i firewalled.  other than that limewire pro and bearshare are basically the same but i choose bearshare over limewire though.

• 2 months later...