Anyone having issues with FF1.5?

ratchet

Not looking for help here just opening it for discussion.  I will paste a description of the problem just to show an example.  I have a simple page rendering problem, back rounds of all web pages are white no matter what the FF1.5 color settings are.  "I tried every suggestion offered on 11/29 and 11/30, some of which were: create new profile and edit about:config. I eventually bailed and reverted back to 1.07. This morning I tried again. First I installed 1.5 "over" 1.07, white pages. Then I did a complete uninstall, removing program files, %AppData% files and using three registry cleaners, white pages only. For the two installs this morning, I even turned off all security systems, thinking that might be part of the problem. During all attempts SpellBound and Adblock (only extensions I use) were not installed. I'm back using 1.07 and all web sites are rendering normally."  Crazy isn't it?!

yeah i have an issue with ff, any version, and their claim to be better than the standard. but i don't think that's what you mean...

Blah Blah Blah10

We know, resopalrabotnik.

I still use IE, but like to use FF also, it's called experimenting.

BTW, jut kidding about the blah blah, but it does get old sometimes. ;)

blah blah blah to the power of ten doesn't make sense. you had 475 blahs there, that would be between the powers of 5 and 6. power of ten would be 59049.

Is someone trying to fire me up?

Hopefully your just BS-ing like I am.

I am home alone with my 3 year old and he does even give me time to count to 3 let alone count horizontally and vertically and then do the math.

Just got him to bed, peace at last - maybe now I'll have time to think....

so i was bored...

Yeah, I usually kick the dog when I'm bored. :haha:

Anyways back on subject, looks like I am going to have to uninstall and Re-install FF.

When I load up a radar loop, for example, I can see each frame just fine as it loads up, then after all frames are loaded, it disappears.

This is new for me but I have FF 1.0.7 and its suddenly not stopping ads form popping up?  Ahother issue I have is when Itry to update the software through the Tools>Options it says no updates are available so how do I get 1.5?

I updated from this link: http://www.mozilla.com/

I do have a couple issues, but if you still have IE running, then I say try the 1.5 upgrade.

Actually, on eBay, in the My eBay page the little dropdown boxes at the end of your buying/selling items (mark as paid, mark as shipped, leave feedback...etc...) do not work with FF1.5.

I "downgraded" back to 1.0.7 and they worked fine.

I found the Beta to be buggy a while back, apparently some of those bugs are still in the "gold" release.

I am starting to think that the more compatible FF gets with the web the more like IE it gets.

The earlier releases of FF were MUCH faster.

I'm not certain if it is a FF1.5 or a quicktime 8 integration bug, but *.mov files streaming from sites like maxon.de did crash the browser several times.

It can be possible that it is a server thing, but i think that that is unlikely