Protecting Satallite-Snow

lumpy

I bought one of the 1.2 meter SP series dishes...it has a permanent hydrophobic coating that sheds everything like water off a duck's back. 

Then I built a homemade housing for the feedhorn out of clear plastic...vented at the bottom to keep temperatures even and prevent condensation.  I'll post a pic of that one of these days.

To check out the SP dishes, click here: 

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,13514201?hilite=vonage+professional+installation

I hear spraying some Pam oil on it helps the snow and ice slide off and keep it clear so you can keep your signal. What funny is when I was having trouble with my directv and it was snowing thats what the tech on the phone told me to do.

I did this with my dish back in the day it actually works... Ryan while your reply seems silly at first the more I think about it the more I like it. :haha:

I'm curious to know, how much does DirecWay charge for a customer to upgrade their dish to one of the bigger, more powerful dishes? I was told by my installer that if I wanted to upgrade to the Pro plan I'd have to have another dish installed, is this true? And lets say I wanted to upgrade my dish even if it wasn't true, how much would that run me? Mine's on a 6' pole, would the bigger dishes mount on the same pole? Or would I have to find another pole?

Just wondering, won't be upgrading anytime soon, but would like to know about how much $ so that I can plan on it. Thanks

I did this with my dish back in the day it actually works... Ryan while your reply seems silly at first the more I think about it the more I like it. :haha:

I've done it, and it does work....But unfortunately when it snowed/rained too hard, there was nothing I could do to keep a signal sometimes...But Pam will help keep it from sticking on the disk itself

You can also try some Teflon spray..

• 2 weeks later...