New Domain

jamaicarocks

Wuz up,

I bought a new Domain from godaddy.com .

I installed Win2003 IIS, Dns,and named the domain the domain i bought from godaddy.

When i enter www.mydomain.com i get godaddys web page saying this page has been parked free courtesy of godaddy.com.

how do i delete godadday's page and append my website?,so when you enter www.mydomain.com you go to my website ?.

Thank you!!

Hello,

it is not that easy.

If you say, you set up DNS, have you created a Zone for your domain?

If so, have you entered an entry www with the IP of your webserver?

Does this entry content the IP of your IIS server?

If so, have you set up the IIS properly? You need to tell IIS that he has to listen not only on the IP, he should also know, what the server name supposed to be.

Do you want to use the default website on the IIS? Or are you planning to create your own server directory?

What nameserver settings are in your client? If your nameserver is not authoritative for the domain, you will end up on the website where Godaddy is hosting your temporary website.

I know, questions over question and no answers :-D

Maybe it is a good idea, to google for "IIS how to" or so.

Axel

This is good

so i have www. in my dns pointing to my webserver(dns is on my server and IIS)

ip address ..host headers of the domain i bought in IIS pointing to the folder containig the the website

so i guess i am to install simple dns to get a static dns and configure dns in my network adapter settings to point to this addressas one of the dns servers ??

Yes.

In the dns settings of your client, you should point to your internal dns server. Your internal dns must be able to connect the root servers so that if he can not resolve a request can get these information from the internet.

Thats it.

Axel

Wuz up,

I bought a new Domain from godaddy.com .

I installed Win2003 IIS, Dns,and named the domain the domain i bought from godaddy.

When i enter www.mydomain.com i get godaddys web page saying this page has been parked free courtesy of godaddy.com.

how do i delete godadday's page and append my website?,so when you enter www.mydomain.com you go to my website ?.

Thank you!!

what u need to do is make your A record point to your servers IP address so it looks like this.

Your domain                TTL      Class    Record Type  Ip address

Yourdomain.com  86400  IN        A                  xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxx