New virus chats with you

ROM-DOS

New virus chats with you on AOL IM

The Internet security company IMlogic is reporting on a new virus, titled IM.Myspace04.AIM. The virus, once it infects its host, disables anti-virus software and software firewalls, then sends out instant messages to everyone on the host computer's buddy list.

The user of the host computer is unaware that this is happening, and does not see any of the outgoing messages. However, people on that user's buddy list will start seeing instant messages from the host's computer. For all intents and purposes, these IMs seem to be coming from someone the user knows and trusts already.

The messages are simple, consisting of phrases such as "lol thats cool" and urging the "buddy" to click on a "cool" link, which is a download address for the virus. If the user queries the bot about the link, the virus will respond: "lol its not a virus."

While IM.Myspace04.AIM is not currently widespread, it does represent a new method of "social engineering," the technique hackers have long used to convince human operators to give out passwords, turn off security measures, or download and execute viruses or trojans. In this case, the entity doing the social engineering isn't human, and can work tirelessly without end.

Copyright

Yeah i think i have it  :twisted:  :evil:  :twisted:

i mean im usually on guard about this stuff but the link said check out my new myspace picture so i was totally open for clicking

and i did but so far im not aware that i have it

i have asked friends and no one came up and said i sent them a link

there used to be a program that would wipe out anything in ur aim registry thing that was causing it but i forgot where to download it lol

this virus has been around for a while

i have had msg from my friends like click on this link to see my picture and it was a wierd format not a jpeg or anything

later on i talked to them and they said they never sent it to me

this was about 1 or 2 months ago

the wierdest thing was when the identical message came to me from a friend of mine in china and one in portugal i was freaked out if they actually had typed the same thing

dont forget

keep ur friends closer but keep your enemies even closer

this virus has been around for a while

i have had msg from my friends like click on this link to see my picture and it was a wierd format not a jpeg or anything

later on i talked to them and they said they never sent it to me

this was about 1 or 2 months ago

the wierdest thing was when the identical message came to me from a friend of mine in china and one in portugal i was freaked out if they actually had typed the same thing

dont forget

keep ur friends closer but keep your enemies even closer

i have gotten that alot from my friends and thatnk god my firewall is pimp cause i have clicked some and got intrusion detected from my firewall a few times.  if you have the right setup it cant do anything and my firewall will ask about any connection connecting to me or any program trying to start or modify something.  my own windows wont start unless i click allow at start up.  lol