NAT with xbox

Blunted 2

hey i have my xbox goin through my comp but not with ICS.  the dhcp is done with a firewall instead and the problem i have is i cant connect to some people on xbox live cause my xbox setting is nat 3.  the best setting for xbox is nat 1 and was wondering how i could get it to that if anyone has a clue. 

to see what your xbox nat setting is goto the xbox dashboard and goto settings then network settings then connect and when the test is done push the Y button and it shows the ping and packetloss then push A and it shows the nat settings which can be 1 to 3.  1 wont have many problems at all but 2 and 3 will have problems joining some games and get a network error in some games.

i have static ip and the connection comes into the comp on 1 nic and goes out to the xbox with the other nic and instead of using internet connection sharing( ICS ) i am using a software firewall and ics is not enabled and cant be in order for the firewall to work.

the firewall is kerio winroute firewall. http://www.kerio.com/kwf_home.html

oh its connected right and i can connect to live fine and most games but cant connect to some friends and i know this is the reason for it cause i have looked it up in the past.  i just got this firewall not to long ago and figured out how most of it works but cant get this right.  with ICS on my other comp its nat 1 but this comp without ICS and the software firewall its nat 3 and remember i cant use ICS on this comp cause of the firewall.

also most people dont know this but you can only directly ping an xbox 1 way.  if you try to ping your xbox ip it wont ping it but if you goto settings in the xbox dashboard and then network settings and hit connect it will run a test and when its done and all 4 lights go green dont push anything on the controller and leave that screen that says connected and you can ping the xbox only when its in this screen. ;)

see here in my pic top ping is without the connected screen and bottom is with the xbox in the connected mode.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

© Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:Documents and SettingsEebobb>ping 192.168.0.254

Pinging 192.168.0.254 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 192.168.0.254:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

C:Documents and SettingsEebobb>ping 192.168.0.254

Pinging 192.168.0.254 with 32 bytes of data: