newbie - direcway upload problems

kcity04

i suppose most of you with a fairly fast system has tried this already...but for the ones who haven't give it a shot....seems to help me out somewhat

info courtesy of dsl reports

***** this is for 4000 systems only..no exceptions***********

Q: Is there something I can do to improve my upload speeds with SRS? (#5376)

A: 1. One tweak for upload speed is to turn Path MTU Discovery to YES in DrTCP. Without this switch turned on, Windows treats the Satellite Upstream path as a dial-up path, and changes the MTU for the path to 576, regardless of what you have the MTU set for on the adapter. By turning Path MTU Discovery on, Windows will see that the upstream path minimum MTU is 1460-1500 bytes, and will adjust accordingly. - PD

2. A registry tweak has been found and tested to improve upload speeds on Satellite Return Systems. The only problem is that it only pertains to certain operating systems, with certain processors, with certain amounts of memory. This tweak requires modifying the registry, so please be sure to back up your registry before doing any of these modifications. This tweak has been extensively tested, and has not shown any signs of being problematic with any system. The details for the certain systems that this works on are below, but don

ok thats the road with the little race track?...i know where that turn off is....i am by the junior high off of lakeview.....oh i avg about 1200Kbps during late morn to late evening & get up to around 2000 after midnight....uploads are around 48 Kbps pretty regular....depending on weather of course :)

charter cable finally made their way through here this past summer.....as soon as this DW hardware craps out i will be switching over

yah thats the same road. yah my upload is the same as yours.

I just tested at 7:30

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 2509 Kbps about 2.5 Mbps (tested with 579 KB)

Download Speed is:: 306 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Bottom Line:: 45 times faster than 56K you can download 1MB in 3.35 second(s)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/cgi-bin/get.cgi?Test_ID=4UQCJM5YF

I wish i had charter out here :cry:

Broadband over power lines? I've never heard of it. Who offers that?

I've had Charter for the past few years. The first year was HELL! If they're new to your area, hold off until they get all the kinks worked out. I was getting over 999 ping in any game I was in, and the speeds were just sickening. I must've called and had one of their guys come out at least 20 times. I was given the runaround everytime by either the person on the phone or the technician that came out. Save yourself a headache. Wait at least 6 months.

The speeds are at advertised for the most part now. Slowdowns tend to be few and far between, and the ping times have improved over the past few years with leaps and bounds. I get 25-50ms in most game servers.