Dallas, TX - What are my Broadband Options?

eduncan911

let your fingers do the walking. if you know your new address, find out who owns the cabletv there. call them. call the local telco. beyond that, call an internet cafe or computer shop that is nearby and ask them. ask your future landlord if he knows anything.

I was looking for more detail then just a generic list of basic services available in any city.

Looking for that extra slick setup.  Here in Tennessee, it's ADSL2.  But I'd hate to get a home phone line, oh well.

And I am purchasing btw, no landlord.  So I have free rien to choose.

-E

Because its not available in my area Im not sure of the technical details. But 15mbs down and 2mbs up is correct, maybe someone who has it could shed some more light on it. Also you can check their website to see if its available in your area http://www22.verizon.com/FiosForHome/channels/Fios/HighSpeedInternetForHome.asp

Yeah, I've been screwing aroudn on their site to find more details.

My only question is about pass-through (open a port, let someone hit my test machine).  If it's anything like the DSL from BellCrap up here, they give you a non-routable IP (192.168.x.x) that you can not open to the internet and get people hitting your box.

Humm.  Anybody?

I wonder if Static IPs are available.  :)

• 2 months later...

Well.  How about this.

FIOS is available on the outter skirts, up north.

But not in the HEART of Downtown Dallas?  I'm literly 1/2 mile from dead center.

This sucks...  Guess I'll pay for cable until then.  :(  Well, until Timewarner takes over Comcast in Dallas.  Then who the hell knows.