windows firewall help

stylinwiley

hey guys when i go to click on the firewall tap in cp i ths mg here

windows firewall settings cannot be displayed because the associated service is not running. do you want to start the windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ics) services yes or no i click yes and i get windows cannot start the ics service.

any one know how to fix this or do you think i have a vires????

Hello stylinwiley I suggest going to services click start go to run and type services.msc from there

scroll down till you see windows firewall/internet connection sharing (ics) right click on it and choose properties under start up type choose automatic now click apply then OK and restart your computer see if that works

OK i didn't disable this....i didn't have this problem until i started tweak withe files on this server....but i did go to services.msc and it was on auto so i clicked start and got this msg; it couldn't open it; and

error 1068; the dependency service or group failed to start please some one help I'm here without a fire wall and afraid to surf the net i hate reformatting but i Guss i going to have too

ok guys i did this i surch google gotta love it and it worked;

RESOLUTION

To resolve this issue:

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.

2. Double-click the service that did not start.

3. Click the Log On tab.

4. Verify that the service has not been disabled for the hardware profile that you are using. If it has, click Enable.

5. Click the General tab. Verify that the service has not been disabled in the Startup Type box. If it has, click Automatic to have it start when you start the computer.

yup Ty guys for the help i would use a 3rd party fw but see the thing is i have a celaron 466 ,256 ram, 8.5 gig hd, and a dsl with bellsouth at 1.5 down and 245 up but more like 1.2 down and 205 up so i cant put to many things on this slow pc and i cant buy a new one...hell i need a monitor and i cant get one even if it is only 30 bucks used,,,,lol