How much RAM is necessary?

asubaseball727

If you really want to know how much memory is needed for today's games/apps, read the following link.

Here: How Much RAM Do You Really Need?

As far as defragmenting goes, the Windows version isn't all what it should be. I use Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier. It's a must have tool and completely destroys the 8 & 9 versions. I don't even run manual defrags anymore because Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier keeps everything in perspective for me, and it does it better than ever before. :) (pics below)

Check it out here: Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier

disable all but one antivirus...running more than one antivirus slows ur system down and they all end up battling one another...one of these other members can tell u the exact reasons...i just know it's not good and actually bad to run more than one

If you really want to know how much memory is needed for today's games/apps, read the following link.

As far as defragmenting goes, the Windows version isn't all what it should be. I use Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier. It's a must have tool and completely destroys the 8 & 9 versions. I don't even run manual defrags anymore because Diskeeper 10 Professional Premier keeps everything in perspective for me, and it does it better than ever before. :) (pics below)

I use Perfect Disk(does similar job as Diskeeper), and it does make a big difference...

Disk fragmentation, if bad enough, could make your pc very sluggish..

Guest jeffwalker9999

You can also get a GNU copy of diskeeper from www.9down.com

in the archives ---

I highly recommend diskeeper it is a killer application and it does work

Merry Xmas

and

Happy New Year

Been one heck of a year for me ,

had a stroke and really took me off my feet

unable to walk now and in a wheelchair

but dealing with it....

The new year has has to be better

Again my best wishes to all

I have Kaspersky 5.0.326, but when I turn off my other firewalls, that annoying windows alert comes up telling me I don't have a firewall. Kaspersky does come with one right? And how can I get windows to recognize it as one?

Kaspersky 5 doesn't have a firewall. You'll need the Kaspersky Internet Security 2006 beta for that.

See here: http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showforum=16

If you want to get rid of the security alert, open the security center, look under the firewall option, and click the link that says "recommended option" (or something like that). Once the options are displayed, check the bottom box that informs the system not to monitor your firewall because you have one of your own already.

Hey guys, you really don't need antispyware if you are running a legal copy of windows. Just download and use the microsoft antispyware beta version and you will be surprised how much it finds on your computer! Also, you should never run more than one antivirus program on any system. This is really bad news for the little registry guys trying to make all that stuff work. You probably have registry crashes a lot. That is the kind when you are working and the computer just stops responding. Remember that time?

For the average gamer and user; nobody actually needs more than 1GB of ram unless you just like spending money like me:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe w/Athlon 64 FX-57

Two SATA 120GB Raptors

2GB Ram

Two Nvidia 7800sli

Creative Soundblaster X-fi Platinum

For the average gamer and user; nobody actually needs more than 1GB of ram unless you just like spending money like me:

Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe w/Athlon 64 FX-57

Two SATA 120GB Raptors

2GB Ram

Two Nvidia 7800sli

Creative Soundblaster X-fi Platinum

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW......just.......................wow