What is the rating of your system?

amc11890

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can never have enough memory...get more sticks, and shrink that pagefile...Thats my motto....

And if you have DDR133, DDR400 will make a big difference(especially if you can run em in dual channel), but be aware that some boards a little touchy about DDR400, and especially with dual channel(I had to return 2 sets till i got ones that worked)...Some mobo manufacturers and shops will recommend pc2700(ddr333), because its more stable with most boards, but if you get quality ram, the DDR400 will be sweet...

why shrink the pagefile :?:

More memory allows your to set you paging file to a smaller size. The paging file is what the system uses when physical memory is low, and it also happens to be the hard drive which we all know is light years slower than actual RAM. This causes all types of slow down, lag in games/apps, etc.

I can't stress it enough. Try to install the maximum amount of memory that you system will accept.

EDIT:

VanBuren :)

That's way fast VB. Very nice.

More memory allows your to set you paging file to a smaller size. The paging file is what the system uses when physical memory is low, and it also happens to be the hard drive which we all know is light years slower than actual RAM. This causes all types of slow down, lag in games/apps, etc.

I can't stress it enough. Try to install the maximum amount of memory that you system will accept.

EDIT:That's way fast VB. Very nice.

I also put my pagefile on a differerent HD(not just different partition, physically seperate HD) than my O/S..(just made a small partition on my backup HD, and thats my pagefile)

I notice I don't get any system lags when I am running everything I have installed at once...Seems to help speed up overall performance...I can't prove it, just whats worked for me...

And yeah VB that rocks..I wanna see how much a better vid card is gonna help me..

Yea, isn't the ram something like 1000x faster than the HDD?

edit: Van, once I do my test, I'm kick ur pc's butt!!  :haha: I'll be in the top 0%!!! beat all of you!! :evil6: