is media center worth it?

fattymcbluff

It all depends on what hardware you currently have. The biggest reason for media center is using it like a tivo. You can have tv shows and mp3s on it and have it hooked up to your tv to play these files. If you have a tv tuner than yea I would say its worth it, because you can record tv shows and watch them on your tv. The old 10 gig hardrive isn't going to give you much space for tv shows and music, so if you are interested in setting up a mcpc then I would recommend picking up at least a 100 gig.

It all depends on what hardware you currently have. The biggest reason for media center is using it like a tivo. You can have tv shows and mp3s on it and have it hooked up to your tv to play these files. If you have a tv tuner than yea I would say its worth it, because you can record tv shows and watch them on your tv. The old 10 gig hardrive isn't going to give you much space for tv shows and music, so if you are interested in setting up a mcpc then I would recommend picking up at least a 100 gig.

i also have a 80 gig that is my media drive but no tuner card could you name a good cheep one that i could pic up at frys

Picking up a cheap one is probably going to disapoint you, the quality of the recorded tv shows will most likely be grainy and not very clear. I would recommend investing a little bit to get this one, http://shop3.outpost.com/product/4387745?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG , I have only heard good things about this tuner. You could always pick up a cheap one at first and if you like the idea of recording shows, media center, ect then you can return the el cheapo and go get the ati wonder elite.