Is there a way to see who is calling you without caller ID?

Guest Kilroy44

Guest Kilroy44

Hey this is a question for some of the techies on here; these **** kids from my high school keep prank calling me at about 2:30 a.m and its really starting to **** me off. Is there away to see who or whose number it is with out caller id because once i find out im going to put an end to it real quick.

Help would be appreciated thanks.

im sure if you call your phone company they have a log of all numbers coming in

maybe check their website

there might be a thing where u can log onto and check all the numbers incoming

not sure though

if all else fails record the voice and put it on a cd then walk around school playing it to ppl asking if they know who it is

then when you find out who it is

kick their a$$

haha JP

dial *69...

that will tell u the last number that called ur line...not the name tho...

there is also a code for u to dial into ur phone so that anyone that calls with their line blocked (so u can't see the number) has to dail a code to unblock their number...then u can see it

is caller id not available thru ur phone service?

u can also call ur phone company and get the code to trace the number...

it usually takes maybe 3 traces to the same number...the phone company logs it...

and takes action after the specified number of traces...

they probably won't tell u who it is tho (privacy laws and all)

u could also forward ur calls to ur cell phone since most cell phones have caller id...

y don't u have caller id??

i doubt that the phone company keeps a log of calls coming in...that's only for certain cell phone companies

• 9 months later...

Hi, out there!!!!  I am just a regular guy wondering who the old lady is talking with while I'm away..

So lets say you had this phone # 602-290-**** and you wanted to know who it is belongs to.  How would you figure it out??? the only thing I know is the number is a land line and it is non listed.....

Thank you for any input.......

Welcome to the forum aapak  :wave:

You know Ryan, sometimes the old threads give some good ideas, I might not of thought of otherwise.  ;)

I remember when i was very new here i was looking through threads and i found one where all of the really old members were like having a quoting war like quote on quote it was pretty cool and i posted and they were all like this is from the beginning of TMN im like.. oh. lol.

Hi, out there!!!! I am just a regular guy wondering who the old lady is talking with while I'm away..

So lets say you had this phone # 602-290-**** and you wanted to know who it is belongs to.  How would you figure it out??? the only thing I know is the number is a land line and it is non listed.....

Libraries have reverse phone books(and I believe you can find them online), and you can also just type the number, including area code, into google.  You would be surprised how many phone numbers give up an address.  Type your own number in...See if your address comes up...It's surprising how many people don't know that their phone number can sometimes easily give up their address.

Hi, out there!!!!  I am just a regular guy wondering who the old lady is talking with while I'm away..

Are you sure it's a landline? A quick look-up] Shows that it's a cell number.

Area Code: 602

Prefix: 290

Other Info: cellular/PCS

Kilroy44 ;My phone book has instructions for not accepting calls from people that have their caller id blocked.Yours probably does too.If not I will try to post them.

On the unlisted or unpublished numbers reverse lookup won't find them.

The phone companies will keep track of obscene or threating calls but I think there is a charge & the will only release info to law enforcement.To keep you from going & kicking the nuisance callers ass .

aapak ;You are probably out of luck with a cell phone if netmasta's look up was correct.Again law enforcement could probably find out but wouldn't just to satisfy your curiosity.If your that worried I guess you will have to hire a private detective.

To keep you from going & kicking the nuisance callers ass .

Well don't that just take all the fun out of it. They should let it happen, it would difinately reduce the likelihood of it happening again if it got out they were getting their butts kicked.

Danged law bites.

Just trying to save the court some expenses. What harm is there in that. The taxpayers won't mind. Shucks.  :(

I would be all for the butt kicking of the phantom caller.Unfortunatly the law doesn't see it that way.Several years ago I had the late night calls that lasted about a year.I wanted to go do some ass kicking but really I suspected an ex-girlfriend.So an ass kicking really wouldn't have been an option. They didn't have caller ID yet at the time.If I could have gotten another woman to kick her ass I wouldn't have been opposed to that.Except I really wouldn't have felt comfortable with that either because I would hate to use someone like that that was a good enough friend to kick someones ass for me.But it eventually stopped.

• 6 months later...
Guest Kilroy44

Sorry guys. I knew Im a couple months late:) Anyways the calls have stopped since last summer. I kind of figured out who it was, used to be a kid whose family who rented their house from my  parents. Anyway, they ended up calling one night and my bro i think gave them a heartattack by telling this kid Jordan, I will f@&*ing kill you. Never got another call:)

later

Sorry guys. I knew Im a couple months late:) Anyways the calls have stopped since last summer. I kind of figured out who it was, used to be a kid whose family who rented their house from my  parents. Anyway, they ended up calling one night and my bro i think gave them a heartattack by telling this kid Jordan, I will f@&*ing kill you. Never got another call:)

later

:haha: :haha: Right on.

You know, this old thread makes me wonder if star 69 even works anymore.

That was from the old days before caller ID; in case anyone's wondering.

-----I'll be damned, it still works on my home line.  Now wheres my cane  :lost:

You know, this old thread makes me wonder if star 69 even works anymore.

That was from the old days before caller ID; in case anyone's wondering.

-----I'll be damned, it still works on my home line.  Now wheres my cane  :lost:

:haha:

aghh grave diggersssssss lol

i been gettin prank calls lately tooo. >_> damn kids

Praise the lord I dont get em.... cause I deserve em.. I used to love to crank call.  :uglystupid2:

Hi, out there!!!!   I am just a regular guy wondering who the old lady is talking with while I'm away..

www.anywho.com will find it

I used to get blank msgs  and silent calls on my cell a couple of months ago.

The caller would send like 30 blank msgs one after the other  :uglystupid2:. Or even call and not talk.  :uglystupid2:

I would get pissed off and whenever they called i would receive and put it on the table or something and let that meter run :evil6: :evil6:

STOPPED AFTER I DID THAT A COUPLE OF TIMES...there are some real twisted minds out there :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

I used to get blank msgs  and silent calls on my cell a couple of months ago.

The caller would send like 30 blank msgs one after the other  :uglystupid2:. Or even call and not talk.  :uglystupid2:

I would get pissed off and whenever they called i would receive and put it on the table or something and let that meter run :evil6: :evil6:

STOPPED AFTER I DID THAT A COUPLE OF TIMES...there are some real twisted minds out there :idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

One time I convinced a guy 200 miles away his "Mexican roofing crew" was at my house and wouldnt get off the roof and was "slapping each other in the ass with hot tar." He wanted me to "put them on the phone" he was gonna tear that ass up.  :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Ok Ok its not funny but....  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: yea it is.