Direcway Transmitter issues

budbem

Does anyone have any advice for this weird problem?  My transmitter sometimes reads at sometimes a ODU power reading of only 24-42 (needs to be around 70 to work)  It was out for nearly 2 weeks and suddenly it came back to life - It has acted out once since then with a power reading (remember this is transmitter power not signal strength) of 24 - but again a few hours it came back to power of 69.  Could ice or water in the connections cause this?  Usually a transmitter power failure requires a new transmitter but the power seems to go back up after awhile - Does anyone know what this means - Does it mean the begining of the end of the transmitter?  I have never heard of a ODU regaining its power after it reads low (TX code 10 or 13)  you can check your transmitter power by going to RUN  then Command then  typing: telnet 192.168.0.1 1953  brining up a window  click I for install then just enter through the installer ID options then type E and enter and it will show your power - you can also range from here and other things - also if you dont z to exit it will restart your modem.  Any suggestions?

Here is my speed which is pretty consistant - but again anyone with any reply?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1008 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 1013 kB)

Download Speed is:: 123 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Wed Dec 21 15:17:03 EST 2005

Bottom Line:: 18X faster than 56K 1MB download in 8.33 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 9.57 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-71D38J4XU

Well I guess it depends on where you live.....bees and waspshave bee know tobuild nests in there....however ...it's the wrong timeof year whee I live...20 with a wind chell of 8F...

could be a cable connection...a loose or corroded connection would cause the same thing...28vdc has to get to the horn...