Someone, PLEASE, help me...my computer is randomly restarting

Indestructable

As some of you already know, I got a new HP Media Center and now it is restarting like the old one did... :angry5: :angry5: I am soooo pissed..andyway, does anyone know why? This is the most annoying thing ever..

Microsoft seems to think it's a driver issue, but I don't know what driver could be doing it! If anyone has any ideas, I don't care how insane they are, please help me. This bs has gone on long enough.

If you need any more system info or whatnot, just let me know. I'm using BitDefender 9 Pro, Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005, 1024 MB ram  :), Pentium D 3.0 Ghz, and a RADEON x300 gfx card.

Thank you  :oops:

I had a computer that had all of the bundled stuff installed with windows which had many problems, random restarts, and trouble booting up. I was going to return it but I first reinstalled windows with a clean disk without the manufacture bundles and haven't had any problems since. I would recommend you do this is if you cant find anything else that will fix it.

I had a computer that had all of the bundled stuff installed with windows which had many problems, random restarts, and trouble booting up. I was going to return it but I first reinstalled windows with a clean disk without the manufacture bundles and haven't had any problems since. I would recommend you do this is if you cant find anything else that will fix it.

Yeah I hate that bundled crap..My friends pc had that...I told him to Fdisk that sucker and get all that crap off..He has no problems now..

i have a radeon ati 9600le that the driver for it keeps causing serouis crashes..my screen will freeze..or sometime restart my computer..ive updated drivers for it and still the same thing....not sure if this is your problem...i have been really dissapointed with ATI Tech...just thought i would throw this out there maybe will help...no know fix at this point :angry5:

i have a radeon ati 9600le that the driver for it keeps causing serouis crashes..my screen will freeze..or sometime restart my computer..ive updated drivers for it and still the same thing....not sure if this is your problem...i have been really dissapointed with ATI Tech...just thought i would throw this out there maybe will help...no know fix at this point :angry5:

A friend of mine had same problem with his ATI card, and had to roll back to an OLD driver, and it fixed the problem...If he updates the driver, he crashes...Not sure if he's found a reason/fix yet...

Since you said you had two that did this it could also be a brown out situation meaning that that the electricity in your house is not very reliable because the current changes to much and is not at an exeptable rate causing it to restart in order to try to avoid a hardware problem. I have actually seen this a lot here in austin when we reach 100*+ weather since every1 has their ac on it causes it causes the electricity flow to jump all over the place and not be the 120 or 110 volts require. Anyway you might want to look into getting an uninterruptable power supply.

now this maybe seem too simple but this just happened to my daughter...and what it turned out to be was...

the inside of her case was dusty...i guess it shuts downs so no damage is doneto ur hd...a can of air fixed her problem...

worth a check...huh??

Mine's in a computer desk, it's brand new and all clean  :lol:, and no, it just restarts. I don't get any messages. This is a major problem when my mom (who uses it a lot and is an administrator for the website www.viachicago.org) is typing a 3 page long message and it just restarts!!

Anyway, I'll check out that program...someone, tell me what security progs you use...I'm using BitDefender Pro 9, which has everything in it, but I don't know if I should be using Kaspersky or something better...please, someone who knows their stuff, what should I be using?

I recently ran across this SAME exact problem with my friends computer and the problem turned out to be his ram.  As soon as it restarts turn it off and open up the case and check how hot the ram is.  If it's very hot to the touch then you might have a solution there.  Extra fans near the ram or some ram heat sinks would help.  Anyways good luck!