AMD Underclocked??

amc11890

Here are my specs:

384 mb of ram

120gb hd

AMD athlon xp 1800

Fic Am37 motherboard

In attmept to overclock my pc i cleared the cmos and then booted up my pc but when i started it up the speed was clocked at 1151mhz from 1553mhz.  The bus speed changed from 266 mhz to 200mhz.

Can anyone tell me how to get the bus speed back to its normal speed?/

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay what first started my pc to underclock was when i switched the jumpers from 1 to 2- to 2 to 3 for the fsb, which i was expecting that because i new the fsb would decrease as well as the clock speed but then when i tried switching the jumpers back its still stayed the same as it was before.

OK let's go step by step; Enter your BIOS, choose Advanced Chipset Features, then CPU & PCI Bus Control, then CPU Host/AGP/PCI Clock and set to Default, also set Auto Detect PCI/DIMM Clk to Enabled.

i already did all of that......Could this problem be associated with Power Supply..could it be dieing on me.