Multiple IP addresses

LordTerror

I would like to hook up my computer so that I can use half of my applications using one IP, and half using annother IP. What are some possible methods to do this?

Some info:

I have windows xp

I have spare network cards, network cables, and hubs.

I connect to my college internet connection using a network cable.

Each connection to the internet has its own IP address.

hi there

i am at university also

and i can hook up to 2 ports

but i have not tried to do it yet and i dont know how to do it

hopefully some one will come up with a program that wither combines 2lans into on fat connection that your pc thinkgs its one lan but its 2

or actually choose which lan u want to use

so u can for example be connected to 2 lans and 2 ftp servers and download at maximum from one ftp with one lan

dave

So what you want is to use one computer that switches IP's acording to what application your using online? Like maybe IE will use one IP while a multiplayer game will use the other one? If that is what your talking about I really don't think that is possible. Just wondering....... why would you even want/need something like that?

So what you want is to use one computer that switches IP's acording to what application your using online? Like maybe IE will use one IP while a multiplayer game will use the other one? If that is what your talking about I really don't think that is possible. Just wondering....... why would you even want/need something like that?

Yes that is what I want. I want to beable to play two copies of the same game at the same time. But, because the game recognizes people by thier ip address, I need two IP addresses to be able to connect to the server twice.

You can only play one game at a time on a PC. That should mean you have more than one PC. Also, as far as I know, one cable line or modem can only have one IP assigned to it at a time, so you must have two lines with different IPs. Why don't you hook each cable up to each PC?

If this is way off, please forgive the brain fart.

well....its just like a multiplayer client.....they used to use WON for their servers, but i guess they figured out how to make money off of it, thus switching to a (sometimes Pay -per-play) steam engine.....its harderd to run multiple cd keys on network (almost impossible) and things like that.....they can ban ur cd key, thus resulting in you buying another one LOL i guess it only benefits them :)

If you're talking about PunkBuster, yes. It does what its name implies, busts punks. It's a server side anti-cheat that many games have incorporated into them now. It also keeps track of names used by certain CD-keys, any, if any, cheats a person has used, and many other things.

-PunkBuster

They call it "VAC" or valve anti-cheat. And it absolutely sucks. Their are cheaters everywhere. Since steam came into the picture, with their removal of WON and their bullshit "VAC" , the # of cheaters has trippled. Its horrible.

They don't even update the VAC anymore. Right when VAC came out it actually seemed to do an OK job stopping hackers, but now that they haven't been updating it cheaters are running around all over the servers without a care in the world! LAZY *** VALVE!

Punkbuster also allows admins to take screenshots of suspected cheaters that are placed on the server. Not only can they then be banned from that particular server, but they can be globally banned from all servers running PunkBuster if they are reported with proof.

OK, here is the problem. I want to play 8 copiers of diablo at the same time (I made "bots" to automate most of the characters most of the time). Diablo II allows 4 games per IP MAXIMUM.

I can run all 8 copies of diablo at the same time on my computer, but I somehow need a second IP address. A second port will not help as Diablo II asigns it's own ports.

I need a way to get 4 of 8 diablo's to connect using a different IP. Perhaps a proxy would do it. How do I create a proxy, and how do I connect to one?