Installed my new DW7000 about 5 minutes ago...

0m3rta

First test, five minutes after installation:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1060 Kbps about 1.1 Mbps (tested with 1496 kB)

Download Speed is:: 129 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Fri Dec 23 17:56:55 CST 2005

Bottom Line:: 19X faster than 56K 1MB download in 7.94 sec

Diagnosis: Looks Great : 14.84 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FE6HI814L

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 189 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 23 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (server2)

Test Time:: Fri Dec 23 18:16:13 CST 2005

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB upload in 44.52 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 173.91 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-0VMC2HWFG

This is a huge jump from my speeds on the 6000 which were around 400-500Kbps.

I hope these speeds stay consistent, but I know they won't.

I just upgraded from the basic consumer plan on the DW6000 to the Pro plan with the DW7000.  My speeds on the 6000 were horrid.  It was extremely unstable and the speeds fluctuated like crazy.  My strength was anywhere from 45 to 67 on the old system.

Right now on the new one it is steady at 72-73.  17782/0 on successful/failed transmissions.  By now on the old system I would have at least 100 failed transmissions.

So far i'm happy, but its only been a little while.  I'll run more tests throughout tonight and tomorrow and see how it all comes out.

Your speeds seem really consistent.  I hope mine stay the way they are now.

By the way, what sat are you on?  I'm on G11.

I just upgraded from the basic consumer plan on the DW6000 to the Pro plan with the DW7000.  My speeds on the 6000 were horrid.  It was extremely unstable and the speeds fluctuated like crazy.  My strength was anywhere from 45 to 67 on the old system.

Right now on the new one it is steady at 72-73.  17782/0 on successful/failed transmissions.  By now on the old system I would have at least 100 failed transmissions.

So far i'm happy, but its only been a little while.  I'll run more tests throughout tonight and tomorrow and see how it all comes out.

Your speeds seem really consistent.  I hope mine stay the way they are now.

By the way, what sat are you on?  I'm on G11.

Check my sig, I'm on the AMC3. You might have been on a bad transponder with the 6000, now your on a better one for the 7000. I'm exactly the opposite, I got a better signal with the 6000 and a better successful/failed transmissions ratio. My dish isn't pointed well, but it's still usable and fast.

Nice to see another one happy with the 7000.

I heard they're coming out with another software version next week, to help with unhappy customer's speeds, lol.

I've also heard that they've been giving credit to people who have been having problems.

(I get most of my news from the Dway forum on dslreports)

Nice to see another one happy with the 7000.

I heard they're coming out with another software version next week, to help with unhappy customer's speeds, lol.

I've also heard that they've been giving credit to people who have been having problems.

(I get most of my news from the Dway forum on dslreports)

I would disagree with you about the credit deal unless your a newbie in the 30day trail period. Its always worth a try anyway! My request are numerous about speed problems and so far no luck with any credits to my account... even have promised a Wildblue installation. Level III has actually called me back, but 7days after the case was opened. (not in the 3days they spoke of ). I was gone this evening during peak hours do don't know if they got the problem fixed or not. Level III is aware of specific problems although the more case #'s stacked on the desks the faster a fix will come about.