What was your first PC(post specs)

amc11890

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started off with a C64 (specs obvious, but can't recall them at the moment)

2nd was a Philips 9100, XT type pc, and a whole 30 megs of harddrive, unknown processor

3rd: Dell, Pentium 200 mhz mmx, 32 mb ram, 3 GB harddrive, 4mb matrox millennium I videocard

those were my first computerers :)

Pentium 2 450MHz

96MB Ram

8MB Video Card

8 GB HD

$2500 on 24Dec1998

and still working

if it's still working i'm guessing that u've done some upgrading since then...huh??

gosh i was waiting for ca3le to tell u about his first pc...cuz he'd know the specs better than me...but i'll tell ya what i think i remember...

it was little...picked up at the humane society auxiliary thrift shop for about $235...CE (cutting edge) was the make...the year was maybe 1995 (ca3le was like 14 and borrowed the money from his grandpa to buy it...payed him back right away too :) )...the monitor was about 12 inches deep and about 6" high x 8" wide...the processor i think was like a 286 something or another...it did some basic word processing stuff and was able to get onto bulletin boards...not sure what stage the internet (as we know it) was at...baby stages maybe...but i don't think this thing was able to do it...the case sat flat and the monitor sat on top of it...the keyboard plugged into the front of the case...seems so long ago (maybe because of where the technology is today, feels like dinosaurs like this should have been much farther in the past) but it was only 10 years ago. oh yeh and the floppy discs were huge

The amazing specs:

1 MHz i believe LOL

64kb ram of course hehehe

2 joystick plugs ! heck yeah !

;-) and i am not kidding either

omg...ca3le has one of those...still in the box that he got from his grandpa's afer he died (his grandpa...not ca3le :P ) ...those were very popular...i remember alot of advertising...never saw one in action tho :)

mine was 286XT with 2 floppy disks  :icon_pale: :icon_pale:

sounds like the one i was talking about on the previous page...the CuttingEdge...or was it LeadingEdge...hell i dunno...one of those  :haha:

my second pc

600MHz celeron

64mb of ram

8GB hard drive

16mb video card

52x tdk cd burner(orignally had a 40x cd rom)

100watt ps

Origianally had win 98 now win2000

I cant beleive how small this pc is tho......its tiny..I opened it up and i could barely move my hand around in it

BTW at one point i was runnin xp pro on this :shock:  can u beleive it

my second pc

600MHz celeron

64mb of ram

8GB hard drive

16mb video card

52x tdk cd burner(orignally had a 40x cd rom)

100watt ps

Origianally had win 98 now win2000

I cant beleive how small this pc is tho......its tiny..I opened it up and i could barely move my hand around in it

BTW at one point i was runnin xp pro on this :shock:  can u beleive it

yes, I currently am running XP Pro on a slower computer than that...

My personal first computer  :haha: :

AMD Athlon 2400+ @ 2.0 GHz

128 MB Nvidia GeForce 4 MX4000

512 MB RAM

17 inch CRT monitor

180 GB Hard drive

Windows XP

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Yeah, that's the computer I have now.  I think that's actually the first computer our family had, but it's mine now.  It's been upgraded but I don't know what the original specs were, so I just put the current specs since this is the way I got it, and it is technically my first computer.

Yeah, I'm a noob.  But my friend's first computer is ever better:

Dell Dimension E510

Intel P4 3.0 GHz dual core processor

Windows media center edition 2005

1 GB dual-channel DDR2 RAM

Not sure about the hard drive

256 MB ATI Radeon X600 HyperMemory

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Again, his family had a computer before that, but it wasn't actually his.

i would expect them to run frickin hot though. essentially it's 2 3 gig p4s running on the same heatsink area as 1. (granted, not everything is doubled in the d, but still) i think a big aftermarket cooler or liquid cooling is advisable. does the heatsink intel packages in the bundles differ from the one they ship for singlecore p4?