Test My Upload Speed
TestMy.net isn't the average upload speed test. TestMy.net gets smarter the more you use it and makes adjustments specific to your computer for a high level of accuracy. This speed test will generate random data within your browser, upload the data back to TMN, calculate your upload speed and log your speed test results. TMN ensures your Internet connection is tested thoroughly with large upload tests up to 100 MB.
Upload Speed Test Details
TestMy.net's servers are hosted where the websites you visit are hosted. Your provider may prefer testing within their network but is that realistic? TestMy.net provides a real world scenario not a best case scenario which makes this speed test a more accurate representation of your true bandwidth. This is a true and trusted test of your Internet upload speed.
- Tests sizes auto adjust up to 100 MB depending on your Internet connection type.
- Manual tests sizes over 1.5 MB have the automatic forwarding feature disabled.
- Control the size of your speed test with manual test sizes.
- Tested via SSL (https)
- Express averages your last 5 tests to determine the most suitable test size.
- PHP driven, server-side programming means no plug-ins necessary and a much higher level of accuracy than flash speed tests. This is the only true PHP speed test online.
- Results are logged to a personal score database where you can plot graphs, draw averages and compare your speed against cities, countries, users and providers.
- Pinpoint routing issues with the ability to test across multiple popular Internet routes with coast to coast United States servers.
- Test your connection speed automatically on a schedule with the Automatic Speed Test.
The Compatible Upload Speed Test
The TestMy.net has been intentionally designed with compatibility in mind. TestMy.net is a server-side application so our bandwidth test works in all popular modern browsers, on all platforms and all connection types. PC, Mac, Linux, Android & iOS users can all use TestMy.net without installing anything. All you have to do is point your computer, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android or other modern device to TestMy.net.
Note: The automatic speed test is designed for desktop use. Although, if you change your device settings to keep it awake (display on, focused on the test) and plugged into power it works great on mobile devices.
TMN directly interfaces with your browser, without the need for additional software like Flash, Java or an app. This server-side approach not only makes TMN the most compatible speed test online it also makes for a much higher level of accuracy and enables TMN to passively detect computer issues that other speed tests fail to notice.
Note, your default system web browser is always recommended for testing. Although, TestMy.net is an excellent way to highlight performance differences between different browsers. For many years TMN users have reported that Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox outperform all other browsers in this benchmark... the fact is, if the browser processes this test information faster then it will process other websites information faster. Simple as that. Some versions of Chrome are faster and sometimes Firefox is on top but usually one of those two browsers will be your best bet for performance. Mac users, Safari also performs very well.
A true test of your Internet browser
This is a real world speed test. Unlike other speed tests that require third party applications, TestMy.net is PHP and HTML5 driven so it uses only your web browser. This makes TMN's speed test more sensitive to browser misconfiguration and is an excellent way to highlight performance differences between web browsers.
Less between you and the test is a good thing. Our competitors speed tests that run through flash or java have a higher CPU overhead and users report throughput bursting. TestMy.net directly interacts with your browser without any plugins or special software.
Powerful bandwidth makes a powerful speed test
TestMy.net is an independent third party and is not affiliated with your Internet service provider. Our results are unbiased because TMN has no vested interest in the outcome of your speed test. We work for the Internet consumers not the Internet providers. For this reason our servers are hosted outside of all provider networks, in locations where the websites you visit are hosted. Our bandwidth providers are the biggest names in the industry and our servers are hosted directly on some of the largest trunks that make up the Internet. Your ISP should be able to deliver clean, useable bandwidth to these common areas of the Internet. Read more →
- Total network bandwidth capacity in excess of 2000 Gbps
- TestMy.net's servers are all gigabit or multi-gigabit uplinked
- Hosted network features multi-homed connectivity with bandwidth from independent Tier 1 carriers, combining multiple 10 Gbps connections to create one of the industry’s fastest networks.
- Global network reach utilizing over 25 Tier 1 network providers including Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, Charter, Qwest, Google, Level 3, Internap, NTT America, Equinix & Telefónica to name a few
- Extensive peering relationships across North America, Europe and Asia