Multithread Speed Test
The performance of your Internet can be affected depending on where the websites you visit are located. This speed test has the ability to draw from more than one resource at a time, providing a truly comprehensive test result. Check groups of servers simultaneously or a single locale.
You must Enable Multithreading to start this speed test.
Some connections perform best when loading multiple files, the multithread speed test can max the potential of these connections and provide a single result spanning multiple routes. Like classic linear (single thread), multithread results show speed from start to finish taking everything into account.
Multithread Speed Test
TestMy.net's servers are hosted where the websites you visit are hosted. Your provider may prefer testing within their network but is that realistic? TestMy.net provides a real world scenario not a best case scenario which makes this speed test a more accurate representation of your true bandwidth. This is a real test of your Internet speed.
- Tests sizes auto adjust up to MB depending on your Internet connection type.
- Manual tests sizes over MB have the automatic forwarding feature disabled.
- Randomized speed test data, each download test is dynamically created on the fly so no two tests are alike. Which provides unparalleled cache prevention.
- Enabling the multithread speed testing option on your download speed test can really open up your connection for maximum throughput. Multithread isn't the default testing option because it has less detail and can mask certain connection issues. (It's recommend to test both ways and compare your performance. Powerful, properly configured connections have very little variance between the two bandwidth test types.)
- Test different locales simultaniously. The coast to coast multithread test allows you to test multiple servers simultaneously giving you the most comprehensive results possible. Get one test result that represents your connections speed across the entire United States. Manual selection options for all test servers and expansions on this concept coming soon.
- Control the size of your speed test with manual test sizes.
- Tested through http and https - to test https visit https://testmy.net.
- Express averages your last 5 tests to determine the most suitable test size.
- PHP driven, server-side programming means no plug-ins necessary and a much higher level of accuracy than flash speed tests. This is the only true PHP speed test online.
- Results are logged to a personal score database where you can plot graphs, draw averages and compare your speed against cities, countries, users and providers.
- Pinpoint routing issues with the ability to test across multiple popular Internet routes with coast to coast United States servers.
- Test your connection speed automatically on a schedule with the Automatic Speed Test.
The Best Speed Test
The TestMy.net Multithread Speed Test has been intentionally designed with compatibility in mind. TestMy.net is a server-side application so our bandwidth test works in all popular modern browsers, on all platforms and all connection types. PC, Mac, Linux, Android & iOS users can all use TestMy.net without installing anything. All you have to do is point your computer, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android or other modern device to TestMy.net.
TMN directly interfaces with your browser, without the need for additional software like Adobe Flash or Sun Java. This server-side approach not only makes TMN the most compatible speed test online it also makes for a much higher level of accuracy and enables TMN to passively detect computer issues that other speed tests fail to notice.
Note, your default system web browser is always recommended for testing. Although, TestMy.net is an excellent way to highlight performance differences between different browsers. For many years TMN users have reported that Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox outperform all other browsers in this benchmark... the fact is, if the browser processes this test information faster then it will process other websites information faster. Simple as that. Some versions of Chrome are faster and sometimes Firefox is on top but usually one of those two browsers will be your best bet for performance. Mac users, Safari also performs very well.
A true test of your Internet browser
This is a real world speed test. Unlike other speed tests that require third party applications, TestMy.net is PHP and HTML5 driven so it uses only your web browser. This makes TMN's speed test more sensitive to browser misconfiguration and is an excellent way to highlight performance differences between web browsers.
Less between you and the test is a good thing. Our competitors speed tests that run through flash or java have a higher CPU overhead and users report throughput bursting. TestMy.net directly interacts with your browser without any plugins or special software.
Powerful bandwidth makes a powerful speed test
TestMy.net is an independent third party and is not affiliated with your Internet service provider. Our results are unbiased because TMN has no vested interest in the outcome of your speed test. We work for the Internet consumers not the Internet providers. For this reason our servers are hosted outside of all provider networks, in locations where the websites you visit are hosted. Our bandwidth providers are the biggest names in the industry and our servers are hosted directly on some of the largest trunks that make up the Internet. Your ISP should be able to deliver clean, useable bandwidth to these common areas of the Internet. Read more →
- Total network bandwidth capacity in excess of 2000 Gbps
- TestMy.net's servers are all gigabit or multi-gigabit uplinked
- Hosted network features multi-homed connectivity with bandwidth from independent Tier 1 carriers, combining multiple 10 Gbps connections to create one of the industry’s fastest networks.
- Global network reach utilizing over 25 Tier 1 network providers including Comcast, Cox, Time Warner, Charter, Qwest, Google, Level 3, Internap, NTT America, Equinix & Telefónica to name a few
- Extensive peering relationships across North America, Europe and Asia