road runner going VERY slow

i have road runner, with a toshiba PX2600 modem and dlink gamers router, hooked up to 2 computers, 1 is wired, and the other is wireless. when 1 of the computers are on, its alright, but when both of them are connceted, i get crawl speeds, feels like dial up. sometimes it takes me 1 hr 30 min to dl 2mb. i tried everything, like scanning the computers, moving the router, re-doing my setup, even calling road runner tech. the thing is, when i unplug the router, and plug it back in, i get slightly normal speeds, but it goes back to really slow in about 3 mins. i have the modem as close to the original cable line as possible.i already tried exchanging the router, and even using different ones. plz help  :(

edit: sorry heres my test thing:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 685 Kbps about 0.69 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Download Speed is:: 84 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/06/15 - 5:16pm

Bottom Line:: 12X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 12.19 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 6.922 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 14.33 % of your hosts average (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-NH4EAXJLK

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.4) Gecko/20060508 Firefox/1.5.0.4 [!]