Extremely Slow Sun Wireless Broadband -- Please Help, I'm Starting To Climb The Walls. Xd

daninjakitten

Hi everyone!

I hope that some kind soul from this forum will be able to help me. I've been having problems with my Sun Broadband Wireless connection for quite some time now. I was using a regular sim in an unlocked Huawei E160 USB modem, but after I called Sun's hotline to complain about slow access speeds, the tech I spoke to convinced me to buy a dedicated broadband data sim. Needless to say, I bought one as soon as I could and started testing it in my modem.

It's been almost a week since I got it, but my access speeds are extremely slow, and there has been no significant difference between this dedicated broadband sim and the old regular sim that I was using. I've tried the basic troubleshooting techniques both on my own and with a succession of techs walking me through the process on the phone, and still no go. I wrote a simple ping script to constantly ping the Sun website and keep me connected, but I keep getting atrocious ping speeds (1090ms at one point!) and constant "request timed out" notices. Even during off peak hours, I'd consider myself lucky to be getting 20-30 kB/s. Yes folks, 20-30 kB/s.

I've even begged the techs I've talked to on the hotline to at least authorize someone from their Sun shops to flash my modem with the latest firmware; they only said yes after I'd bugged them about it several times. I'm going to try to get my modem to one of their shops before this week ends to see if flashing it will cure the problem.

Anyway, all of this is simply to ask for your help in fixing this problem. Any ideas or feedback on what could possibly be causing this? I'm attaching my latest test below for your reference. Any help would be very, very welcome!

Thanks in advance, guys.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 35 Kbps about 0 Mbps (tested with 97 MB)

Download Speed is:: 4 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Dallas, TX USA)

Test Time:: 2010-11-30 11:57:26 GMT -7

Bottom Line:: 1X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 256 sec

Tested from a 97 MB file and took 22.767 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Running at 2% of hosts average (Unknown)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/db/RBUKNT4GS

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.12) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 [!]