Upgrade to DW6000?

fikester

Lies Lies Lies dway is  lying the only advantage of the dw6000 besides the 1/2 a meg speed loss is  networking you dont need a host  computer to run your network.  As you noticed they didnt have any reviews from independent sources or the names and email of these people who claim that the dw6000 is superior beware it will be a downgrade for you I average about 1.5 meg connection on an average day and i have seen above a 2 meg connection on a good day.  the dw 6000 will connect at a meg on a good day

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Connection is:: 1502 Kbps about 1.5 Mbps (tested with 2992 KB)

Download Speed is:: 183 KB/s

Tested From:: http://www.testmy.net/

Test Time:: Fri Mar 04 2005 10:37:40 GMT-0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Bottom Line:: 27X faster than 56K 1MB download in 5.6 sec

Diagnosis: Awesome! 20% + : 75.47 % faster than the average for host (direcpc.com)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/id-C8NKP12VL

As you can see i am 75% faster than the average which would put the average around .85 meg connection  the average for a dw6000 .  stay with your dw4000 if you can

I had a 4000....for 2yrs. and 10 months......still have it in fact...sitting on a shelf. I would go back to it tomorrow if they didn't want so damn much money to do it.. :evil3:

In regards to the comments....."I'm very pleased with it. My upload and download speeds seem to be more consistent."This comment (if it's real) was obviously written by by someone comming off an analog phone system with a 33k modem. They have no concept of what speed is. But I'll agree.....the speeds are consistent ly low..... :angry5:

In closing ...remember....some people write fairy tales for a living.......doesn't mean they're real...or that you have to believe them... :haha:

I was on DW4000 for almost 2 years.... never had a complaint one... my speeds were steady and high....  then I downgraded to the DW6000 and look what it did to me!!!  GRRRRRRR  oh how I wish I could go back to DW4000....  but noooooooooooooooooooooooo they won't let me.  LOL  Damn idiots! 

• 2 months later...

I recall (MtnFolk) upgrading to the DW6000.....outraged for days because of the speed decrease, poor performance etc...(not a happy camper) He then got switched back to the DW4000. Obviously the 6000 was so bad he could not bear to keep it, yet PMs me telling me how happy he has always been with Dway!