Please help!

tenfootgiant

I  have two routers (one plugged in to the other) to recieve better signal from across the house.

I don't get it, both the routers are wireless access points? Your using two to broadcast your wireless signal in your home? You don't have them side by side do you? Are they both broadcasting on the same channel? What is you signal like with just one of them hooked up?

What are the makes and models of the routers? Are they configured the same? Are they broadcasting on the same channel.

Tell me if I'm correct so far; you have a cable modem -> wireless router -> wireless router.

When you get the good speed tests, you say you're hardwired. Is that direct to the modem, or hardwired to one of the routers?

Well, techincally we don't have a modem, that is what are main router is, a modem and a router.

Well...then technically... you do have a modem. What make and model. Have you tested and tweaked with the comp connected directly to the modem/router?