Mobile Networks Speed Tests

Is there anyone out there working on a mobile network speed test app? Mobile networks claims on speed and latency are way off the mark and while you can run DSL speed tests via your laptop connected to a 3G data card I was looking for something that was a little more sophisticated and also flagged up how long it takes for TCP Slow Start to ramp up - since this is heavliy reliant on network latency.  Also more than FTP tests are relevant and a browsing test would also be useful. Page loading is sometimes like waiting for paint to dry. I would like to compare my 3G data card service with others in the UK and Europe and even with the mobile networks in other parts of the world. At the moment I am getting about 160kbps in the down stream and 40kbps in the up stream. Ping times are over 300ms to most UK servers.  Anyone know if there is stuff out there I can use?

Rab