wireless adapter help!!!!! complete loss of signal

I am using the linksys wireless G gaming adapter. I've haven't even had it for six months. All the sudden the other day it started booting me off of xbox live. Not my xbox says connection is too slow or there is signal loss. I put a surround sound system in that room a couple of weeks ago...could this be the reason for the connection weaking over time? I already tried switching the short ethernet cable from the wireless adapter to the xbox with a new one and still no difference. Let me know if you think I should move the surround sound out of the room. Because even when the surround sound was in the living room with my wired connection I thought it was weaking my wired connection. Thanks all. Anything would help since I don't want to shed $100 on a new adapter.  :cry:

The sound system shouldnt affect it..  You have tried a wired connection with this xbox?

"Because even when the surround sound was in the living room with my wired connection I thought it was weaking my wired connection."  Did you have disconnect problems?  The only think that I could recommend is moving the router closer to the xbox.. or if you have a laptop doing a wifi survey of your house to see what the signal level is in the area that you are playing in..