help

theskyking

Question for off topic.  AOL giving me memory errors then shuts down. Adobe 7.0 won't open and all of my help files will not open in office and other areas. I am running e-machine.  2.4ghz, 1600 front side, 1 gig ram,  no one has been able to repair.  my machine is 30 days old.  Best Buy wants money to fix and that is where I bought it from.  This was a day one issue.  Looking for a Hero in this topic.  If you cannot fix this type of issue can you recommend someone.  MSN=no, AOL=no, Cable company=no,

Second question: my connection is slower than anything.  anywhere from 560kbs to 1.2.  my wife and daughter are running through the same router to a cable connect as I am.  they are hitting anywhere from 700kbs to 5.0 or higher.

first of all, if this is a day one thing, bestbuy has to give you some support, at least they have to point you in the direction of e-machine support. 2nd. if you have cable why do you have aol. get rid of it. back up any data you have collected (documents pictures valuable Pr0n etc. and reinstall. do not reinstall aol. contact aol(this will take multiple attempts) and tell them you do not want to keep paying 24.95 a month for BS.

Yes I, agree first step is to remove all viruses, and spyware from your computer. That means getting rid of AOL as quickly as possible. It's the largest known virus and cause of slow connections in the world.  First of all anyone with a broadband connection is just plain stupid to install the AOL virus on their computer. and those restricted to dial up there are literally thousands of far cheaper and some even free ISP's that don't gather info on it's users to sell to the highest bidder. AOL promotes Identity theft.