sluggish router/modem after night of downloading with azurues.

GIXXERGUY6

Has anyone had this happen. This has happened 3 times now, I'll explain.

downloading several large files, about 5-9 at a time, pulling totally bandwidth of 90kb wutever, and uploading about 120kb?? all night. wake up in the morning, and 2 files are done. close out Azureus and go to surf and it's sluggish, wants to work offline, i go to processes and make sure azureus is not running, couple times it was and was using 75,000k mem usage.

still sluggish, won't run speed test, can't access router setup page. I had to turn computer and still nothing.... finally shut down computer, unplug modem and router and power cycle them, and it's back up.

Why would it do that?

is it something with the Azureus program or with my computer, or is the isp making my connection lag cuz of the usage?

any takers?

thanks

It is azureus.. it is java based so once you close the program java doesnt always go away like it should.. that could be eating memory by the boatload.  The best thing would be to restart..  Also make sure that you restart and see if the speed returns before you power cycle everything..

yeah I noticed when i close azureus, i have to go into the processes and close out the 70k-94k mem hogging program lol.

seems to be working today alright, I uninstalled azureus, defrag'd both drives, and things are looking up. I am running 690 mb's of ram I am thinking of finding another stick of 512 though