re dlink firmware

Since upgrading firmware my dsl 504g dlink router is only allowing me to download at 1/4 of my usual download speed so I tried to reload the previous firmware which you can not do apparently it is now running like a 3 legged dog.Is there any way of wiping the flash on the router or any way of fixing this problem .Any  tips or suggestions greatly appreciated :cry:

It is correct firmware from dlink not beta I have rebooted router I have even done a fresh install of windows I run sygate firewall,avg professional ad-aware se professional spybot hijack this and ewido anti malware all scans clean thanks for your interest

yes I have tried this, it removes settings but does not wind back firmware I would like to wipe the flash and start again but do not know if this is possible I have also tried re-loading firmware I think it is a problem with this current firmware