Charter score from St Louis

mikesmoney

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 502 Kbps about 0.5 Mbps (tested with 748 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 61 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/06/17 - 12:43pm

Bottom Line:: 9X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 16.79 sec

Tested from a 748 kB file and took 12.21024 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 77.39 % faster than the average for host (charter.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-VSM0IENX1

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; InfoPath.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

This is just upload and its not too bad. My download speed leaves a vapor trail. I despise Charter, but for $50 a month, I will tolerate them.

My highest speed test score is 3.08 mbps. However, I'm supposed to be getting 5.0 mbps. I am a Charter customer living in the Metro-East. I spoke with Charter, and the rep basically said if I'm not satisfied after the trial period to revert back to the 3.0 service. Suggestions?

My highest speed test score is 3.08 mbps. However, I'm supposed to be getting 5.0 mbps. I am a Charter customer living in the Metro-East. I spoke with Charter, and the rep basically said if I'm not satisfied after the trial period to revert back to the 3.0 service. Suggestions?

welcome to the forum

have you tried tweaking your connection at all?

Additional info: I have now used several tweaking programs, and my former 3.08 record has been soundly beaten with a reading of 3.11.

I'm thinking that perhaps my Motorola SB4100 cable modem cannot handle the 5.0 load. I even contacted Motorola via email, and the tech responded that the SB4100 could probably not handle the task. The tech recommended the SB5120 modem. I know Motorola is trying to sell a modem, but is it possible that may be the correct diagnosis?

New twist...I spoke with a Charter tech who ran a cmd check which revealed 31 TCPs installed. Ms. Tech said 5 or 6 are normal. They are apparently programs running in the background that negatively affect the internet speed. She recommended reinstalling the Windows XP, but there must be a less obtrusive way to do it. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Can it be corrected through msconfig? The tech also said the SB4100 modem can handle 5 mbps with no problem. My computer illiteracy is showing.