Help Ya Boy Out Please

RaWDiZ

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:? Well,swimmer is correct you are reading something in a different area or it is a false reading sorry.....not possible for dial-up to go that fast,but if your happy with how your system is running then were happy for ya....keep testing and tweaking and have fun.

8) Microwave

Yea... I did the same thing when I first started "tweaking" my 56k line. It kept saying that it was faster. Now dont get my wrong it will be about .2-.5k faster on downloads over like 10-15mb. I think this is what you did/changed. Yes...I still have my 56k modem installed :D

modem.jpg

When you connect at that speed it is telling you what you set in that window. 56 is not capable of those speeds. The faster you do connect the faster you will surf and download. However the FCC i believe has limited the connection speed to 53.6kbs so anything higher than that I am willing to bet is some tweak that you have installed and it is showing you some outragious number. This makes you think that you are surfing faster but you really are not. One word for faster internet=Broadband.

Could Anybody tell me what it means when u connect at a certian Kbps.Does that mean u will surf and download faster if the Kbps are higher,or what.Holla

:) Yes thats what it means,when you have a connection to a ISP whatever that conn. speed is that number tells how fast your connection is,The higher the speed the faster pages load on your browser,for instance if you click on an image (picture) the higher your speed the quicker the picture loads and you see the picture,of course the PC doesn't really know or care what you are loading text,pictures or whatever it only loads data so you can view it.In the old days when downloading one photo it was not unusual for it to take several minutes before you could see the pic.Of course when I used a PC at work I was only downloading text(words)that had to do with my job (never jpegs of naked women)hahaha..... :oops:

8) Microwave