How do I configure port redirection with FIOS

Ok, I'm at my wits end on this one. I'm attempting to configure my webserver so I can access it through my port 80 redirection. The redirection goes through no-ip.com. I have FIOS from verizon which states that they do block port 80 on residential accounts. Hence my setup with no-ip.

So here is the deal. I have a DI-624 router from dlink that verizon set me up with . it has the DDNS setup in it that has been configured to access the no-ip service. That seems to be working fine. The configuration of the router has gone from the default settings to many changes in trying to set this up. I've setup my NAS drive to match the router settings with no luck. At this point I am wondering if there is a problem with my NAS webserver. So here is the deal with that.

It is an ADS NAS drive with a built-in FTP and webserver. The FTP portion works fine and is easily accessible. The weberver is another story. There are settings for the webserver port and the administration port. Initially I had set them to 80 and 8080 respectively. I set the router to a private IP of 80 and public IP of 8080 for the virtual HTTP server. On the no-ip service I set the port 80 redirect to match the IP of my service (which is dynamic) and to use port 8080 to my router. To me that sounds right. BUT, nobody can see the server.

So, I tried different settings for the ports to no avail. It almost seems like every stinking port is blocked but 21. I contacted no-ip and asked them for help. They couldn't really tell me anything except to use their port checker to see what ports are open. When I did that no ports showed success except port 21.

So I am thinking either Verizon is blocking everything or I am just a dolt and don't know what I am doing. I'm sure someone out there has set something like this up before. If one of you is out there can you PLEASE guide me in the right direction? I'm already going bald and I don't want to lose the rest of it over this!

Thanks in advance!

Rob