FiOS now in WNY

TheHalf

I was browsing DSLReports and running a few tests there when I started punching in zip-codes from all over Western NY and I hit the jackpot. Orchard Park (home of the Buffalo Bills) and 20 minutes south of me has FiOS deployment. Just curious as to how long it will take Verizon to roll-out FiOS further north to my area.

Confirmation - http://www.dslreports.com/archive/?zip=14127&start=Search

Woo(fudgin)Hoo!!!  :D

TheHalf

Weirdly enough, I live up in Amherst about 30 mins from the airport (14221) and called them today about fiber and they told me they wouldn't be setting up fiber in my neighborhood till next year. Although I did read on Wikipedia they would have fiber in Southern Buffalo at the start of the summer. I got Verizon DSL atm, had Adelphia but they were getting terrible lag around April and just switched away.

Well that's right so far as the southtowns already have FiOS. We know it's in Orchard Park and I believe it's gonna roll-out south to Hamburg and after that I have no clue. I did a lot of browsing over the last couple of months to learn more on when Verizon's FiOS and Adelphia's Extreme services will roll-out in Western N.Y. and it's difficult unless you or I know of someone that actually has it here - Oh Well.

TheHalf

• 7 months later...

Today I was informed Fios is available here in Hamburg (4 Seasons subdivision)  :grin: Its been around the corner on Sowles for the past 8 months. My only problem is whats the cost going to be in a year when the promo is over???? Verision rep told me they have no answer for this question and that this was the number one question asked by customers signing up for Fios. Also seeing some of these post about poor speeds and the remedies Verision is providing is making me wonder if this is a good ideal? I am a BIG TIME pc gamer some lag with Time Warner cable but with a 20/5 package from Fios Thats some blazing speed!!! But can they deliver what they say they can???? Time Warner is a RIPOFF I'm sick of the cable company what should I do????? Hummmmmm I'M GOING TO TRY FIOS :cheesy: