Save Target As...NOT WORKING!!!!

kooosa

I'm currently using a university connection in the dorms. Downloading files is usually fine and fast. But there are some files on the internet like podcasts(mp3 format) that require you to right click and save target as. Whenever i try to download like this the speed starts from around 3KB/ps to 500 or 400 bytes, and so the file never gets downloaded. I do the usual to the pc; delete cookies, online files, spybot, registry cleaner, spysweeper, onecare, etc. I would really appreciate some help from somebody as the people from the university that run the connection are almost never there and don't really care for this. thanks

here's info about my internet:

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 730 Kbps about 0.7 Mbps (tested with 748 kB)

Download Speed is:: 89 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2006/11/06 - 12:28pm

Bottom Line:: 13X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 11.51 sec

Tested from a 748 kB file and took 8.391 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 125.31 % faster than the average for host (141.67)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-6CIWAFNSR

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; FunWebProducts; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) [!]

kooosa that is very strange

are you sure it has to do with the university link?

give us a link for example and i will try and download it from my house

if it is slow in my house then it is not a problem with the university

have u tried also getting this files using a download optimized

i haven't used one in ages but i remember one used to be called GetRight

ive tried it using a different connection and it used to be fine. i've used the google optimizer but it doesnt work. im sure its with the university but i don't know how to bypass it. other downloads are fine. also, if i click save target as.. and wait a while, the speed will start at 130KB then it will drop all the way to 500bytes. you can try to download from soccershout.com a podcast. thanks for the tips, i appreciate it. ill try the get right optimizer. thanks!!