SuSE Online Repository

Swimmer

The only thing that I really hate is having to resolve dependencies.  Which means that you have to have the Linux media with you to get the software packages that you need to run the software that you are trying to install.  Well here is a 'cheater' way of doing it.  This will work as long as you have an internet connection.

From the Yast2 control panel: 

• Click on Installation Source.  At this point you will be displayed the configuration screen.  Note: The additional sources have been added to my installation.
  • Using a web browser visit this site: SuSE Mirror Released Version  Select your country then scroll down and click on the link named Installation Repository
  • Copy the url from the address bar.
  • Now back on the Configuration screen click 'Add' | Specific URL.  Paste the URL from the address bar into the text box.  Once the URL is pasted into the box click Next.  This will begin the download of the necessary files so that any additional files will be downloaded from the internet instead of having to have your media.  NOTE: This can take up to 20 minutes depending on your connection.
  •   The final step is to disable the CD source.  I am not 100% sure if this step is necessary but I have always disabled it.

I will post some pictures in a little while once the Purdue/Maryland game is over.