unable to access msn.com with Belkin Pre-N router

timefreak

Hi there! I have been having problems accessing msn.com on my wireless laptop. When attempting to access all I get is the status bar stalled at half or full percent and after 2-3mins I *might* get a part of the msn page to load with a few links and a little text displayed. I have no problems accessing any other page but this one and I checked that msn.com was not a blocked site in Internet Explorer. My wired desktop has no issues so I am wandering if one of my wireless settings on the router may be blocking msn homepage on laptop. any idea on what might be going on? Thanks a bunch.

p.s. hotmail.com works, but images linked from msn.com don't display but have x's.

router model : F5D8230-4 v2

firmware : 2.01.02

boot version : 1.00.00

• 2 weeks later...

hi there swimmer!  thanks for the reply. I checked my auto-update feature of the router and it shows I have the newest firmware for my router version 2000(come to find out there are two versions of belkin pre-n router: V2000 and the standard one) I tried to upgrade with link above but it would not install because it is for standard version. parental controls were disabled. I disabled  windows & router firewall, norton, avg antivirus to no avail.  now a week and half later I decide to see if network card/router security settings are the cause. I changed my data encryption from AES to TKIP on laptop network card and left router set to TKIP+AES. voila msn.com now loads with no problem. I had also began to have problems with google and other sites past few days too.. that crazy setting was the culprit all along. :roll:      thanks for replying to my post bud and your help.  have a good day