iMac, broadband tweaking

mvghn3

I have not found many posts to help with Mac's, so for what it is worth I have found the following to be useful on connections in excess of 3 Meg.

1.  Apple broadband tuner which can be found at :www.apple.com/support/downloads/broadbandtuner10.html

2.  Optimize settings in Mac Pilot which can be found at: www.koingosw.com/products/macpilot.php (This has a free trial and costs $19.95 to buy)

Hope this helps any Mac users out there

Regards

Mike

I guess maybe location has a bearing.  My router is set to max all in a UK set up with BT as the line provider and Supanet as ISP.  I can see definite changes when speed checking with this and other sites on the various tweaks, currently still using Apple Broadband Tuner it si about 10-15 k faster than Mac Pilot and 100 K faster than standard.  Bt keeps altering my cap speed. I'll keep trying but thanks for the comment

Mike

:cool: