Adv. 10/1?

TimPawlak

Well, we haven't upgraded to the 15/1.5 or anything but that is the speeds we are getting...

Your Download Speed = 15.48Mbps or 1.93MBytes/sec

Your Upload Speed = 1.56Mbps or 200.90KBytes/sec

Average round trip time = 184.15ms

and, i cant get anything accurate off the tmn servers right now..

No they just oversold my area and was having major problems in the day and could only get 2 mb down out of 30 mb to anywhere but they fixed that and now i'm struggling to get 20 mb out of 30.  Its been like this for months now and they dont care so i'm not helping anyone with OOL i am just gonna tell them to switch because tweaking wont help.

Its ok now but its not 30 mb !!!    Can i get a lawsuit against them for advertising  UP TO 30 mb and i never hit that anymore ?  Thats like me opening a gas station and selling gas for $3 for UP TO a gallon of gas but in rush hour i'm only going to give you 1/2 a gallon and you still have to pay $3 for it.  What do you think ?

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 20207 Kbps about 20.2 Mbps (tested with 48638 kB)

Download Speed is:: 2467 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Server 1)

Test Time:: 2007/07/21 - 8:52pm

Bottom Line:: 352X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.42 sec

Tested from a 48638 kB file and took 19.718 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 55.64 % faster than the average for host (optonline.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-UEFD29CW0

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.5) Gecko/20070713 Firefox/2.0.0.5 [!]

Last Result:  NYC speakeasy.net

Download Speed: 19467 kbps (2433.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 4682 kbps (585.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

No they just oversold my area and was having major problems in the day and could only get 2 mb down out of 30 mb to anywhere but they fixed that and now i'm struggling to get 20 mb out of 30. Its been like this for months now and they dont care so i'm not helping anyone with OOL i am just gonna tell them to switch because tweaking wont help.

Its ok now but its not 30 mb !!!    Can i get a lawsuit against them for advertising  UP TO 30 mb and i never hit that anymore ?  Thats like me opening a gas station and selling gas for $3 for UP TO a gallon of gas but in rush hour i'm only going to give you 1/2 a gallon and you still have to pay $3 for it.  What do you think ?

Been there...  :cheesy:  I believe I used to use that same analogy as well..

I just called them everyday, when the speeds dropped like a rock...I used to get really slow speeds though....We had the 10/1 at the time, and I was lucky to get 2mb most days..

I saved all my speed tests, and had them check at the pole several times...Each time they could not get anywhere close to full speed...Plus the fact that my modem used to take up to 20 minutes to sync.

Eventually I called a supervisor,  explained how long the problem had been going on, showed him all the speed tests, and the long list of service calls.  Eventually they refunded us for I think 5 months of service..

There really is nothing you can do...They oversold the node, like they did here, and now you are pretty much screwed, unless they decide to split the node, which they won't do.  That is the reason I HATE OOL.  They LIE!!!!  Up to 30mb is their way out of actually providing it..I still believe laws need to be made for such cases.

I can't understand how you can advertize one thing, give another, and get away with it..IMO, it's legal fraud.

It's one of the downfalls of being on a shared network..

I also love the fact that OOL kept insisting it was both of the PC's in the house, and not their service, but some modern miracle must have taken place, because with FiOs, all pc's get 30mb 24/7/365.  :uglystupid2:

Blunted, pm me if you want to run that line check...