Charleston West Virginia

flash103

There are only a few possible choices for ISPs here in Charleston at least in my limited experience. I'd like to be in contact with folks to increase our collective knowledge of the Charleston scene and increase the likelyhood that we can leverage some decent internet service.

Suddenlink is my isp in Charleston WV. Last night something happened that lowered my signal strenght appreciably on my wireless router. I noticed that all the other wireless routers in my neighborhood were also experiencing low signal strengths. Does anyone know how to contact neighbors whose signals are visible on their computer but only identified by unique network names and not readily identifiable surnames or addresses?

• 1 year later...

Hi flash103. I am from Charleston, WV too...live in Elkview about a mile from Roane county now. We have frontier high speed, adsl2. For the past week it has been extremely slow even losing wifi connection when I am inches away from the router/modem. I wonder if it could have anything to do with their strike. 

Well I just thought I'd say hey since we're practically neighbors, ?.