latency issues

harry hall

i play battle pirates with kixeye .com through facebook and been having latency problems told me do do a tracert test and the outcome was the problem was the latency problem is not getting to there serveri,ll post the test and hope you can give me advice on how to remedy this. regards harry hall.

tracert3.png

Going by your trace route, the server is both far away (Virginia, US) and requires a lot of hops to reach it.

Your ISP's latency appears to be fine going by the first few hops.  The two largest latency issues are between hop 10 & 11 (Sydney to Los Angeles) and 12 to 19 (West to East US, i.e. Los Angeles to Washington DC). 

See if they offer a server much closer to you, in Australia if possible.  If the people you are playing with are located outside of Australia, try using a server somewhere centralised between you and them, such as in Europe if they are in European countries.  Even if they are in the US, try choosing a server towards the south west of the US.  This will reduce the latency by about 50ms and the number of hops, i.e. hops 11-19.