Problems With COAX Splitter

alucard

K i have my computer and my tv that both use cable in the same room, and i wanted to have cable hsi and cable tv at the same time, so when the cox technician came to my house i asked him for a splitter and 2 short coax cables. well when only the modem coax cable is connected to the splitter it works fine, but the second i connect the coax cable from my tv to the splitter, the modem stops receiving a signal from the cable, has anybody else had problems with this? thx for your help

I have mine running through a splitter.... I have no problems.. The brand is Regal 120dB splitter.. I have found a simular problem with like Radio Shack splitter... the speed drops when I used to turn the tv on... Try getting a high quality splitter.

Try home depot, menards, sears...

Black Point Products

Hi-Performance 2-Way Cable Splitter

Model BBV-137

1Ghz/130 dB. Premium quality.

Suitable for hybrid networks. Printed board circuitry. Built-in 6 KV surge protection at all ports. "F" type connections.

This looks to be a good one because it is two way... Meaning that data can move both ways... :lol: While you are there just talk to some one and explain the problem... Most of the time they can find a product that will work for you..

By the way I found that on home depot's site.. if you want to look at it just enter this number 303166 into the search box on the upper left hand corner..